Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

new DHC3 panel

Guest guyjr

I just downloaded Joao Paz' new DHC3 panel, and installed it with Steve Grant & Fred Choates' DHC3 Turbine Amphibian models (uploaded 24-Nov-2001). The plane seems to fly fine, and the panel looks gorgeous, but a couple of things don't work quite right. First, the gear switch on the panel actually controls the water rudders. Second, the manifold pressure gauge doesn't move at all, while the RPM gauge spins erratically as the engine spools up. Once it hits full throttle, it pretty much stays just about 2400 or so, and will also stay there as the plane is moving forward, when going from full to idle throttle. But as soon as the plane is brought to a full stop, and engine idled, it spins erratically back down again (ie, several full revolutions around the gauge).Anybody else try out the new panel yet? If so, what plane(s) are you using it with? Is there something I can do to try and tweak the panel and/or plane to get the two to work correctly together?

Guest Heather 636

I am open for correction but I think part of your problem is the first thing in your post that caught my eye, you are using it for a turbine engine when it is configured for reciprocating.Try it out with the Otter with the "Radial" engine.Some of the boys over at BFU are already looking into a configuration for turboprop.Cheers!Heather

>I am open for correction but I think part of your problem is >the first thing in your post that caught my eye, you are >using it for a turbine engine when it is configured for >reciprocating. >>Try it out with the Otter with the "Radial" engine. 2 questions --- is there such a thing as a radial engined DHC3 in real life ? and is there one available for Fs2002. Hope so - because I don't really like to fly turbines. :)barry

Oh-- one more question. What actually deermines whether a panel is setup for a piston or turbine engined aircraft - is it just a matter of the selection of the gauges? , as I don't think there is any type of setting for this matter inside the panel.cfg file.

Guest Heather 636

These are for FS2000 but work perfectly fine with FS2002de Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter 3-Packfilename: dhc3ott2.zip Steve GrantDHC-3 Otter Fixfilename: dhc-3fix.zip Steve GrantHeather

>These are for FS2000 but work perfectly fine with FS2002 >>de Havilland Canada DHC-3 Otter 3-Pack >filename: dhc3ott2.zip >Steve Grant Heather I downloaded this file (and also the model fix) -- but this below is all that is inside the aircraft.cfg file.================================================[fltsim.0]title=DHC-3 Otter (Land)sim=DHC-3 Ottermodel=panel= sound=texture=checklists=atc_id_enable=0atc_id=CG-STVeditable=0[fltsim.1]title=DHC-3 Otter (Float)sim=DHC-3 OTTER (FLOAT)model=fpanel=sound=ftexture=checklists=atc_id_enable=0atc_id=CG-STVeditable=0===============================I don't know if , for some reason , this file was corrupted during the download process , - but everything else looks OK.I am wondering if you could email me the aircraft.cfg file that you have for this aircraft .bazza1@ihug.com.auThanks Barry

Guest eko

There is nothing wrong with the aircraft.cfg file, when you first load up the plane in FS2002, it will add all the entries it needs into the aircraft.cfg file.Secondly, yes... the selection of gauges is what dictates what panel will work with what plane. Turboprop gauges will not work correctly with a normal prop, and vice versa.

The Otter was and is a radial engined aircraft. It was modified with a turboprop, but it rolled out of the factory with a radial up front.Don

>There is nothing wrong with the aircraft.cfg file, when you >first load up the plane in FS2002, it will add all the >entries it needs into the aircraft.cfg file. >>Secondly, yes... the selection of gauges is what dictates >what panel will work with what plane. Turboprop gauges will >not work correctly with a normal prop, and vice versa. Regarding your answer to the second question -- thank you for clearing this up in my mind.Now , to the first question. I have never heard of this at all - and can't really understand it. There are many aircraft.cfg files and they are all different -- you can change different things within the aircraft.cfg file and it determines how the plane flies,how it sits on the ground, how its' lights are displayed, etc, etc!! So I am at a complete loss as to what you mean by this -- loading up an aircraft.cfg file that is essentially empty. Could you explain further please?Thanks Barry

Guest Heather 636

Check your email Barry, sent you a present.Cheers!Heather

Guest guyjr

Thanks everyone for the great help! I'm now looking through the thread on the BFU forum as well, and plan on getting my collection of DHC-3s set up properly in the next couple of hours. Might try looking for some enhancements for the Beaver too, another perenial bush fav!

Guest eko

Barry, what I meant is this. If you take your average FS2000 aircraft.cfg file, it will not have all the parameters that FS2002 aircraft.cfg files have in it, it will basically be "empty", like you said, save for the airplane name, airfile name, etc.Basically, you will be missing aircraft ID, manufacturer, etc. info, and all of the AIR file variables which are NOW stored in the aircraft.cfg file will not be there.When you load up the plane in FS2002, fs2002 will automatically insert all of those air file parameters into the aircraft.cfg file. You, however, will still have to insert the model, manufacturer, etc. into the aircraft.cfg file.What I usually do when I have a native FS2000 plane, is that I simply load it up in the sim and let FS2002 insert the info into the aircraft.cfg file.I then quit the sim and open up the aircraft.cfg file in a text editor. I also open up a "similar" FS2002 default aircraft.cfg file with the text editor, for reference. Then in the FS2000 aircraft.cfg file, I add the model, manufacturer, etc. info... usually you have to add the flight tuning section, the radios section, the effects section, and a couple of other "non AIR file" related sections. i.e. stuff that doesn't affect the way the plane flies. I keep the default fs2002 aircraft.cfg file open for reference, of course.This will essentially get the FS2000 plane ready for use in FS2002. Let me know if I need to elaborate further. This is so automatic for me now, I don't know what YOU don't know. :-)