Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Starting in a parking bay, not runway!?

Is it possible start each flight in the parking bays in FS2002. Not on the runway. Or is this only possible in adventures. Whats the point of requesting clearance to taxi to the runway when I am always starting on the runway.I apologise if this question has been asked on too many times, I just signed up to this forum yesterday.

HiI haven't seen it posted so I'll reply ;-)You don't have to start at the runway. When chosing an airport you have an option to chose another starting location than the active runway down to the left of the dialog window. (Don't have FS open at the moment, sorry.) Or you can chose to "slew" the aircraft using the "Y" key and then SHIFT+. Top down view is a good choice of view here. Accessed via SHIFT+"S"Hope it helps

Guest jase439

When you create a flight, and you go to the Choose Airport dialog, there is an option (down in the lower left) which allows you to choose your Startup Position. By default, it is "Active Runway" - but you can change this to be whatever you want.J

Guest paulri

Make sure you have FSUIPC installed, then go to the technical tab, check "do not reposition on flight plan load". Your aircraft will stay right where it is. Find FSUIPC at schiratti.com, go to Peter Dowson's page. Download from there. Read the readme (extensive).HTH,Paul

Guest Lindy

Well, it's not strictly true that you can "start from wherever you want" at any airport. There are lots of airports where the only options are to start at a runway.Now sometimes with an addon, you can find the airport in the AddOn Section and often can find options for starting at other than a runway. -Lindy :-wave

Thanks for all your replies. much appreciated.

>Well, it's not strictly true that you can "start from >wherever you want" at any airport. There are lots of >airports where the only options are to start at a runway. >>Now sometimes with an addon, you can find the airport in the >AddOn Section and often can find options for starting at >other than a runway. >>-Lindy :-wave If you can only start from a runway, that means that the AFCAD file has no gates and most likely no taxiways at that airport. You can search for an AFCAD file for that airport, or if you're good at it, edit the airport yourself.IMHO. :-abduct

I see that nobody has mentioned the easiest way to solve your problem,so I'll do it.Taxi the aircraft that you want to use to the park ramp or apron from where you want to start.If you want to start everytime with a cold and dark cockpit shut everything down and then save the flight.If you want to save more than one aircraft at the same position just change the aircraft and then save the flight everytime.I always mark them all clearly,for example: "Seneca V in EDHL" or whatever.Hope this helps,Grahame EDHL :-beerchug

Speaking of AFCAD, get it and use it to print out a copy of theairport. (You will have to use screen shot since there is noprinting in AFCAD at the moment.) Then you can label theparking spots, since in choose airport you have to select thespecific parking spot from the list.scott s..