Sign in to follow this  

Grumman G21 Goose?

Two questions on Mike's Goose.When I land on water I do not get any wake/water spray. Is their something I am doing wrong?I tried Shift>W for the rudder to turn Goose with no luck. How do I turn aircraft while taxing, again on water?Any information will be greatly appreciated.Thanks---Jerry---

Hey Jerry;You need to down load two files from the library, waterfx.zip, and waterlan.zip. These will tell you how to get some nice wakes from your goose. :) As for turning; the only way I've found to turn the beast is to use the engines. There is no water rudder on it.

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Check your Goose .cfg file to see if there is a section entitled (Effects) (in square brackets). Should look (a little) like this: (EFFECTS)wake=fx_wake_ss//water=fx_spraywater=fx_waterlandconcrete=fx_N_sparks // enanched effecttouchdown=fx_N_tchdwn_s, 1 // enanched effectdirt=fx_N_tchdrt // enanched effect// dirt=fx_N_tchsnw // winter versionTo enhance the default effect do a search for Bob Tremblay's Waterlan.zip (found it recently at FlightSim.com, but not here in the AvSim library) as well as Jeridan Light's Waterfx.zip and Waterup2.zip and install as per the Readme's.Turning a Goose (either on land or water) is done using differential engine speed. To use your throttle to turn either to port (or starboard), crank up the opposite throttle a notch or three and ... voila! ... you'll turn.Hope this helps.

Thanks Jerry and Cap for the replies and the information.Will download when flightsim.com will let me in.Do I install all three (waterlan, waterfx and waterup2)?Thanks again---Jerry---

Thanks Jerry and Cap for the replies and the information.Will download when flightsim.com will let me in.Do I install all three (waterlan, waterfx and waterup2)?Thanks again---Jerry---

Jerry and Cap,Sorry for the double post and e-mail to you both.My original reply did not show up for some time, thought something was wrong so I did it again. Will only do this once and wait.---Jerry---

Sorry to bug you again.Can either of you or both help me with installing waterlan.zip.I'm a little confused as usual.Thanks---Jerry---