Sign in to follow this  

No more menus in FS2002?

Okay, here's an odd problem I just started having:In FS2002 full-screen mode, when I click the "alt" key to bring up the menus to change some parameter, I no longer get the menus. It's as if they're there, but not overlayed on top of the 3d world. If I click on the screen in a spot where the menu wouldn't normally be, the sim unpauses and goes on just like normal. The one thing I did -- and this may be major -- is to install CFS3. I think I can date the origin of this problem to right after that. Along with the sim, for those who don't know, DirectX is also automatically updated to version 8.2. Maybe that's got something to do with it... or maybe it's just all that peyote I've been snacking on. ;-)BTW, when I quit the sim I think I see a brief flash of the menus onscreen. So they're there somewhere!Am I alone here?Oh yeah, and if I click "alt-enter" to move to windowed mode, the menus work fine.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest jase439

Yeah, I think CFS3 hosed you. Other people have had similar problems.

Anyone tried re-installing FS2002? I might try it tonight unless that's been tried unsuccessfully already.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest jase439

If you have XP or Windows Me...you could always try a System Restore. Aside from that, I'm not sure what you can do. I think there are some DirectX "scrubbers" out there, but I don't know if they're compatible with Windows 2000/XP.

Unfortunately, my rez is the same in FS2002 as my desktop, so that's not the answer in this case. I'll try the alt-tab and see if that does it. It's not that big a deal, just an annoyance. I'm running XP, so I could restore the system... problem is, I like CFS3! I don't want to lose it, I just want to get FS2002 working right again. Thanks for the ideas.

Bill Womack

I had the same problem once, Bill. As stated in another post above, changing the resolution solved the problem for me. Fortunately its only happened one time, and I dont think its related to CFS3, as I had the problem long before the release of that sim.Craig

Turns out my problem is intermittent too... or else it solved itself! I just went into FS2002 to try a fix and there the menus were, big as life! Hopefully it was a false alarm. Thanks again.

Bill Womack

Just had the same problem as you.Running XP-pro with SP1Try switching of in the screen settings of FS the AA option.Jack