Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

Nvidia Driver help please

Guest Mike20

Hi all could anyone help which driver should I be running with my Nvidia card it is a Nvidia Sparkle Geoforce Pro ultra 64 meg at present I have version 4.13.01.3082english my system is AMD AthalonXP 1800+ mmx with 512meg of ram I dont understand the driver number system so I hope I got it right is there a better driver than the one I am running I have windows 98 many thanks in advance hope some one can help kind regards to all Michael

Guest Lindy

Well, as to which drivers are the "best", that's really very subjective. But since you're using the most recent "legal" drivers offered by nVidia, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. I'm just getting ready to update to that version myself.As for the "number system" for drivers..... usually the last four digits are the ones people mean when they talk about a specific version, i.e. ver. 30.82.Unless you're really into having the latest drivers available, you might as well just stick with the ones you have. I personally have never noticed much difference when updating drivers..... I certainly have never gained any frame rates from a driver update.-Lindy :-wave

Guest Mike20

>Well, as to which drivers are the "best", that's really very >subjective. But since you're using the most recent "legal" >drivers offered by nVidia, I wouldn't worry too much if I >were you. >>I'm just getting ready to update to that version myself. >>As for the "number system" for drivers..... usually the last >four digits are the ones people mean when they talk about a >specific version, i.e. ver. 30.82. >>Unless you're really into having the latest drivers >available, you might as well just stick with the ones you >have. I personally have never noticed much difference when >updating drivers..... I certainly have never gained any >frame rates from a driver update. >>-Lindy :-wave Many thanks Lindy thats helped me no end I will leave it alone I did not know it was such a late driver as a friend of mine has just upgraded the computor for me so thanks again regards Michael

Guest Lindy

Glad I could help, Mike. But I do want to clarify one thing (before someone jumps all over me... :-roll ) There have been several nVidia driver releases since 30.82 -- I believe the numbers are in the 40.xx's now. But if you go to the nVidea website for drivers, the most recent Win98 set is the 30.82 -- that's why I referred to them as "legal." I made my update just yesterday, don't notice any difference really from the older ones I was using.Good luck-Lindy :-wave