Sign in to follow this  

The Default Mooney

Guest Lindy

This poor plane seems to be MS' redheaded stepchild. There are only two repaints for it in the Library and a new panel or two -- that's it!I myself have never even flown it, although I understand the Mooney is supposed to be a very good aircraft. So can anyone tell me ..... is the default Mooney a fair representation, as to its flight model? A friend is going to do a repaint for me, and I was thinking I'd use the default Mooney Bravo. Anyone know of any reason I'd not be happy flying the Bravo?Thanks in advance.-Lindy :-wave

Guest jase439

It used to be a favorite of mine in FS2000...sadly, they never created a Virtual Cockpit for it (or did anything with it for that matter), so it was brushed to the wayside in favor of those GA craft that did ;-)

Guest Lindy

Ahhhh, that explains a lot. Well, I don't use the VCs all that often anyway. I think I'll take it for a spin and try it out.Thanks for the response.-Lindy

Actually Lindy, there are a bunch of repaints available if you widen your search. I have about 12 different Mooney liveries that I use for AI. The aircraft was not updated from FS2000 so if you search here and at Flightsim.com and you look in the FS2000 section you'll come up with paint schemes that you can use in FS2K2

The Mooney is quite nice but indeed old.It is my favourite (next to the Baron) of the default aircraft.I don't need a new paintjob either because the default is nice and classy.

Well, I can tell you why I don't do anything with that plane. It looks like a cardboard cutout from FS98 ;-)Seriously, it really looks awful in this game.

I'd fly it a lot more if it came with a Virtual Cockpit. But since it doesn't, I use the Baron instead.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Howdy Lindy,Haven't talked with you since Pro Pilot days. :DSteve Small has an air file for the Mooney. Might email him and see if you can get that file. A Steve Small file is well worth getting, too bad some bad cases have spoiled our chances of getting a Small file easily. Here is a link to the FSD International site, e-mail Steve and get the file for the Mooney.wb5okj

Lindy, I flew the Wings off the Mooney in FS2000. I thought it was a great aircraft. The reason most of us stopped flying it was because it was never updated for FS2K2. It is a fun plane and very fast too. I got real good with IFR work in this plane. There is no reason why you should not enjoy flying her. If you can get Steve Small's air file it would be better but it was not all that bad to begin with. So load her up and enjoy!http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

I don't remember Steve updating the Bravo .air file for FS2002. The only one I know of is this:Mooney Bravo RTW Special FS2002. "Rocket Engineering 305". Fuel : Mains 95 US Gallons; Centre 115 US Gallons; Engine : TSIO-550 310HPs Top speed @ sea level : 190 Kts. Cruise : 230 Kts 33"/2450RPM @ 25000 Ft.

jump in the Fu3 Mooney and take her for a spin -she is fantastic!!!!!CheersShelton.