Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Thanks Chris and Fsw-the best clouds-period

I bought cfs3-have tried it out for a while.No problems as reported-runs fine (wish fs2002 did on my computer which takes forever to load and crashes 5 out of 7 times before loading).Totally unimpressed with cfsIII-I don't see much of anything to get my excitement-clumsy interface-repeating tiles landscape-the clouds,ok but....Fs2002 with Chris's (FSW's) clouds are far superior imho-what a work of art. Running all the new free weather interfaces like active sky, weather maker personal, and Chris's FSW clouds-a great state of the art product-and for free-the most improvement and next generation is here-not imho cfsIII unfortunately!Thank you Chris for your incredible work-Ms should hire and learn from you!CfsIII-:-hmmmhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest guyjr

I've noticed a few posts where folks are less than happy with CFS3, and by some accounts, the Combat Flight Sim releases are generally a good indicator of what the next version of Flight Sim will be like. The comments I've been seeing are mainly of the opinion that, due to all of the great 3rd party add-ons, FS2K2 is an incredible simming platform, and CFS3 doesn't measure up because of that. I imagine that we'll be having the same set of disappointment with FS2K4, seeing just how high the bar has been raised with FS2K2 + addons.I wonder if CFS3 will become better in the future? It seems to me to be a chicken and the egg problem: right now, people aren't so happy with the product, which will lower the installed base from which all add-ons inevitably come from. However, in the case of FS2K2, people were _very_ happy with the innovations MS put in the game (AI, ATC, autogen being the top 3 that I can think of), and so the installed base is theoretically quite high. That means that more add-ons can be expected.What is the secret to a great FS product?

Guest Eric

Hello,Thank you Chris for your Incredible Clouds, Real Pilot myself, they are Outstanding and Real Clouds :-ukliamEric

I agree Chris's clouds are great !!Everyday I check out a new set, the are really adding to my simming pleasure. :-)Thanks ChrisSteveCYYZ

Guest freequest

yes the clouds are auwsome Most exerlent Chris >:-) .as for CFS 3 well i was thinking of getting it but now i know its gonna be a waste of time... better start saveing money for harware upgrads for FS2k4 LOL

Guest cwright

Geof, I agree, the clouds are superb. Many thanks to Chris and his team. As for CFS3, it arrived this morning. It simply refuses to run with my installed drivers, so I spent an hour downloading the 30.82 drivers, only to find they won't install, apparently because of corrupted files. So it'll be another hour downloading them again.... After reading the comments I don't have very high expectations of CFS3. And it's a bit of a culture shock to see it's totally incompatible with CFS2/FS2002. And someone implies it doesn't have slew mode! (pretty well essential for scenery design). Also there don't appear to be any design tools included, although not so long ago Tucker Hatfield stated that the aircraft SDK would come in the box. Well, some people have said that CFS3 grows on you, so I'll give it a chance - if I can actually get it running! Best regards, Chris

Guest jase439

Pretty much everything Chris touches is golden. With few exceptions, I think I'm using every one of his texture sets somewhere in the sim. FS2002 has never looked so good!Kudos to you, Chris, for your achievement. Looking forward to your "next great adventure" :)JPS. Geof, is there anything of merit in CFS3?