Sign in to follow this  

Problems un-installing fs2k2

Having fiddled with this, tweaked that, broken this, I decided to un-install fs2k2, and start again with a vanilla install.However, the uninstall process appears to stall during the 'initializing uninstall' screen. It just sits there, comsuming vasts amounts of cpu, and doing lots of i/o.Has anybody either experienced this problem, or know what to do to solve it.I could just delete the relevant 'program file' folder, but I'm sure fs2k2 has stuffed lots of goodies into the registry.Does anybody know what they areThanks in advance :)

Guest Barney1

Have you tried installing the program over top of what is there? This might re-establish all the pathes and registry strings. Once that's done and seems to work, you could attempt another removal using the link within the Control Panel.Note: any add-ons you may have will _not_ be removed during this procedure; they must be manually deleted after the rest of the program has been uninstalled.If this cures your problem, a re-start of the PC would be a prudent idea before further consideration of reinstallation of the program.

You cannot simply install over it again as suggested above. You will encounter the same problem that you have now if you go thru the Control Panel. The only thing you can do is wait it out. It will appear to stop responding, but it's still working at uninstalling it. It sometimes takes forever to do it though, or so it seems.Hope this helps.Ozark 110, Good day!