Sign in to follow this  

What's the advantage of using FSMTEO ?

Guest NWB009

So what's the difference of using FSMTEO as opposed to just downloading the the real weather ?I don't understand

You should do a search, you would find your answer easier that way, but here's a short list:1. You can get the weather at your destination before you even take off for better flight planning.2. Automatically updates your weather, no more pausing your flight to download your weather.3. It blends in different air masses/cloud layers/masses much more realistic than default. I.E. if you are going from clouds to clear weather, the clouds will slowly dissapear rather than just dissapear instantly.4. Winds Aloft, you can view the winds aloft before even taking off (again, allows for better flight planning).that's it for now ;-)

Lando, where can one get a hold of FSMeteo? Thanks!!ps. would search but I have to run to the airport KMSP to KORD.

Guest NWB009

Aren't these features already found in the Microsft version of real weather download ? They have winds aloft, and global weather, so what's better ?

>Aren't these features already found in the Microsft version >of real weather download ? They have winds aloft, and global >weather, so what's better ? Not exactly.When you load MS real weather it stays the same after that,unless you re-load it.Fsmeteo updates the weather regularly(default is every 6 mins)and runs in the background when you're flying.Also,as noted in another post,the weather visuals(clouds etc)are much more realistic,and the transition between weather types is much more natural.It's available at: http://www.fsmeteo.com Hope this helps,have fun Grahame EDHL

Aren't these features already found in the Microsft version of real weather downloadNo!They have winds aloftYes, but tell me where they list the wind direction and speed at 3000 foot intervals???and global weatherSo? Tell me where you can look at the weather at your location and destination no matter when you want just by looking at FS Meteo? I've never seen Default weather from FS2K2 do that for me???so what's better See above ;-)

Guest KenG

Not only what has already been said, but I have heard numerous reports that the MS server for the weather is quite frequently either offline or delivering old weather info.The weather in FSMeteo is more detailed and up-to-date as it provides more info to FS2002.You can import your flightplan into FSMeteo and see the weather (winds, etc) throughout, not just at your destination.Transition smoothing between weather stations is performed FAR better than with the default. Therefore, you don't get violent changes in wind, pressure, visibility, or cloud cover. It does most of this either by itself or in conjunction with FSUIPC (which doesn't work with the default weather, or so I've heard).Basically, it does the same thing as MSFS downloader. It just does it better and then continues on to do more.

Guest NWB009

Wow, I really have only used PIC/POSKY and never added anything else before, I think I'll buy the FSMeteo, but is there any thing else I am really missing out on, I'm kinda suprised to find how many people seem to use and speak of it with such high regard...I also use FSNavigator, and tried FSUPIC, but never noticed any difference...I've added a ton of scenery upgrades, most freeware some of which is just stunning in detail, but I am always wanting to try to make the expierence better...

Download Activesky and give it a try, it keeps getting better all the time!! I used FSMeteo for 2 years now, but now am not getting any updates anymore. FSMeteo isn't the only show in town anymore!!Chris

While I agree, FS Meteo, specifically the auther has really let me down, considering I paid for a program and got hell when he decided to cancel it (long story). anyway, FS Meteo is still the best, but the author better watch himself.