Sign in to follow this  
Guest MC767

DX8.2 Offical Release DL Link

I'm beginning to wonder whether the problem is multiplayer, or multiplayer in conjunction with third party programs like FSNav? Roger Wilco is another popular program that uses Directplay, I believe. I wonder if that also has issues...

Guest flightpro08

Welp, just got my copy of CFS3 on my doorstep. It's sitting right here on my comptuer desk, but I can't bring myself to install it, as I just can't live without FS2k2 MP (fly on VATSIM 100% of my flights.) I hope M$ is working this problem out.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 41.03 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

that is just a new Directplay . It is not a offical DX release but a patch to Directplay.Iam actually using this and have no problems with MP but then again Iam under win2k so the problem might only be limited towards XP users . Richard Dillon KPDKSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta TeamPAI beta tester ____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest Kurt

I've been looking in the cab files and many of the files are the same version and date as the dx8.1b files, but are a different size. I also noticed a few are actually dated earlier than what I currently have installed.My present D3D8.DLL (v. 4.08.01.0901) is 1,181KB dated 5/1/2002. The new one in the cab file is (v.4.08.01.0901) 1,201KB and dated 5/1/2002.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dc1c8133bc1cd29.jpgKurt M

Guest flightpro08
Guest flightpro08
Guest flightpro08

As someone already pointed out. The release program is a patch that upgrades to DX8.1b and patches the DirectPlay to 8.2.Anyone using XP can restore the system right back to where it was. Anyone installing CFS3 can revert back as well by uninstalling CFS3.http://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S

I have installed in XP Pro SP1 and no problems on multiplayer absolutely. Strange how these rumours spread..I can recollect only one person who had multiplayer problem and now everybody else has panicked!!P5 1.5 gigIntel motherboard768 MB RAMGeforce2 TiSantanu

Guest flightpro08

Ryan I do not have CF3 just the DirectPlay patch.It does however work fine for me.It actually says if you do not have any mulitplayer problems you do not actually need it but it will not hurt to get it anyways. I got it because iam a puter tech and like to test stuff like this out :( Richard Dillon KPDKCaptainwww.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta TeamPAI beta tester ____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest flightpro08
Guest flightpro08
Guest gasebah

Downloaded and installed. Everything works perfect including FSNav. No performance increase for me though.WinXPGF4Ti4500XP2100+Alex