Sign in to follow this  
Guest MC767

DX8.2 Offical Release DL Link

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hi I wrote an email to the DirectX team about their Directplay 8.2beta causing problems with my multiplayer. Here's the website I got the beta from http://www.p3int.com/downloads_NWO.asp This version was a beta release and now I have a hunch that maybe the Dplay 8.2 that came with CFS3 has some of the same code that the beta had ? Anyway... they promised to test this problem in their lab and check the problem out. Stupid from me to install a beta Dplay in the first place and my original email to them was asking how to uninstall Dplay8.2 beta.Cheers(P.S. I haven't tried if this new release from MS fixes my prob.)

>Stupid from me to install a beta Dplay in the first place and my original email to them was asking how to uninstall Dplay8.2 beta.http://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S

you can simply restore the system to a saved spot (just prior to installing the new DirectX would be good). I did this several times after finally giving up on CFS3 and it worked fine.David

Guest jase439

Installed 8.2 on XP SP1 Pro. No perceivable change in behavior or performance. Multiplayer appears to be working just fine for me.Intel P4 2.4B (Northwood), 533 FSBMSI 645G-Pro Max L MainboardCorasair XMS PC3200 DDR RAM @ 2-2-2-5GeForce 4 Ti4600Windows XP Professional SP1DirectX 8.2nVidia Detonator 4 v41.03 (Beta Drivers)3DMARK2001SE: 12438 (up from 12188)

Guest Smiley

Installed the DX8.2 beta recently and found the view switching was dramatically increased. Not sure if the FPS was increased much but I have not had any concerns about FPS anyway. Win98SE, AMD 1.2ghz, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR card. Downloading and installing the certified version now (it's slightly larger than the beta I have).

Guest JonP01

>Wooohooo. Just installed CFS3 and my FS2k2 MP still works >like a charm. Not sure where the problem is coming from for >some people. Now I've just gotta figure out why CFS3 runs >and stutters like crap. ;-) >Ryan,If you haven't already, there seems to be a useful "anti-stuttering" thread growing at Netwings :http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dc...ForumID27&omm=0I don't yet have CFS3 so I can't comment as to how useful the advice is. All I know is that a lot of people seem to be finding the information very helpful.

Guest MC767

Hi all,Would the DX8.2 work well with WindowME??? Just curious!Thanks