Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

Seneca V ????????

Just wondering if you guys think that the Seneca V is worth getting? I love piper and I think it is a great looking plane. Can anyone tell me what they think about it. Sorry to bug all of you.Thanks alot,Tadd Garcia

Worth every penny! It is one of the best flying GA aircraft made for FS2002. FSD has out done themselves this time.Dave

It's average. Not sure how people can say it's the best they have flown, unless they haven't been in the 421.

>It's average. Not sure how people can say it's the best >they have flown, unless they haven't been in the 421.But then ............. Steve Small did the flight dynamics for both the Flight1 Cessna 421 & the FSD Seneca.L.Adamson

I think it's absolutely the best addon aircraft I have. I love Pipers -- don't want another Cessna know matter how good it might be -- and this is exactly everything I wanted because I wanted a Seneca V.It's not an aerobatic fast single that will do spins ... it's a stable, high-end light twin that gets you through weather but will drop you into the earth if you're not paying attention. I don't use VC much but I can say that the 2d panel is amazing, with the fuel calculator and exceedences alarms/tracking, etc. of the DDMP along with those true-to-life Seneca engine gauges. If that all sounds like what you're after, you'll find it's worth much more than what you pay for it.mp

But then ............. Steve Small did the flight dynamics for both the Flight1 Cessna 421 & the FSD Seneca.Soooo....Microsoft made FS2002 and CFS3?????;-)

I have the Cessna 421, which I absolutely love. However I also have now the Seneca. Both are enjoyable. Different airplanes though. I tend to fly the 421 for high altitude distance flying if I want to fly a non Turbo twin. I tend to fly the seneca for shorter flights. Its a fun and well done airplane for sure.I also have the FSD Cheyenne. I fly that puppy for Turbo high altitude distance flights. The Default Kingaire sucks, so the Cheyenne takes its place for me.All are awesome. I also dig the DF Archer, and the Carenado F33A Bonanza. Havent spent the shekels on the DF Cardinal yet simply cause I dont have enough flight time to spread around. But every time I see screen shots of it, I winge.To be honest..they are all good. I havent been unhappy with any of the money I spent so far on these birds. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

421 has speed and visibility advantages, but both are great planes. Check out some of the other threads on the subject. I think you'll be happy no matter which one you choose.Eric - get the Cardinal and you'll MAKE some flight time.

I really like it. Well worth the price IMHO. Bob

Guest goon

It rocks. Sound and flight model are the highlights.....

Love to know what 'our favourite Seneca V pilot' Peter Sidoli thinks of it!

I don't post much at all, but I am going to for this.It amazes me that some user's are stating "average" and poor VC for the Seneca. What I am going to do with this info is to make a note of those users so I can disregard anything they post. I actually wasn't going to get the Seneca because several users on this and FlightSim posted thay didn't like the VC.Well, I OWN PSS's A32x, The Clipper, CaptainSim's Mig 21, AND Flight1's Cessna 421C. I just purchased the Seneca deciding to trust the screenshots more than the bad critics. You know what?...the screenshots were correct. This addon is just as good as the others I own (though all very different flying experiences) from a quality standpoint. The VC in this is wonderful and so is the night-lighting. The plane flys GREAT, and is well worth the money. All of the leading-edge developer's have great products and I can't wait to get the Marichetti (SP?) and one of the DreamFleet planes to round everything out.So here's what I think...the critics of the Seneca's VC think so differently from me that there opinions are now of no regard to me. My opinion, though take is as that...an opinion, is that FSD's Seneca is awesome if this is the type of plane you want to fly. The quality of the addon is worth every penny!Jim

>Love to know what 'our favourite Seneca V pilot' Peter >Sidoli thinks of it! Well, Sidoli was a "test pilot" during FSD Seneca V development. Do I need to say anything else?