Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lindy

I don't fly a lot of different planes

Guest Lindy

Compared (probably) to some of you, I only have a small handful over and above the default craft that came with the sim.However one of the ones I DID download was an Extra 400 in BFU livery. As I was browsing through my planes this evening (looking for one to be repainted for me), I pulled up the Extra 400. Strangely enough, I get an Error message that says FS was unable to load a 3rd party software. The file was: GAUGES/cad_StecSys55ap.GAUI looked through my Gauges folder and the file was there. So anyone have an idea why the file "couldn't" load? The plane loaded up and the panel didn't appear to be missing anything.Is there an explanation for this or is it just one of the many minor mysteries of MSFS?Thanks -Lindy :-wave

Indeed, a minor mystery, Lindy. Some gauges just don't mix with FS2002. However, if you're familiar with editing your FS2000.CFG file (in the main FS2002 folder) just insert the following:(OLDMODULES) ..... this in SQUARE bracketsGaugescad_StecSys55ap.GAUThat should crack it.You may already have this section if you have loaded FSSound.dll, in which case just add your gauge, as follows:(OLDMODULES)FSSound.dll=1Gaugescad_StecSys55ap.GAUDo this for any gauge that won't load and gives you the same message. They should run OK on this basis.But don't ask me why. I don't know HOW it all works, I just know it DOES work. Easier that way, and less time consuming!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Lindy

Mike, you mention "FSSound.dll" -- I have file sitting in the unzipped folder for the Extra 400. I didn't know what to do with it... the ReadMe contained no instructions. Where is it supposed to go? If I put it where it belongs, maybe I can get rid of that annoying message.Thanks, anyway though for the response. I appreciate it. :-smooch-Lindy :-wave

drop the FSSound.Dll into the modules folder and make sure that it's entered in the FS2002 cfg file like it was shown above.Brian

Guest Lindy

Thanks bunches, Brian and thanks Mark! :-smooch-Lindy :-wave

Guest Lindy

Dropping that FSSound.dll file into the Modules folder did the trick. The plane loads up just fine now...... no more error messages! :-jumpy-Lindy :-wave