Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

Ariane vs. DF737

Guest Lobaeux4

Just wondering if anyone's bought the 737-200 analog panel from Ariane. How's the quality? How is it compared to the DF 737? I know the DF doesn't simulate the -200, but the quality should be evident between the two. Just wondering if I should just get the DF 737 or wait for the Ariane -400 with the FMC.Need a 737 to round out my payware stable.Lobaeux

The Ariane panel is for the -300/400/500 not a -200 version.The DF is by far the best 737 package around. The Ariane panel does not have a FMC where the DF one does.With the DF/Ariane merge file the DF panel works perfectly with the Ariane Gmax 737-300 :) I use it on all of my flights.The DF GA 737 package it the total package I myself do not care for the visual model since United does not operate the -400. But with the DF package you get the works FREE 200+ liveries, great sounds, TOM, FMC, and the best 737 panel on the market :)Ariane IMHO and many will agree have by far the best looking 737-300400's on the market.So if you can swing the DF package and pick up 1 or 2 liveries from Ariane you will be setJohnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Well said, John. :DHowever, the cost of two Ariane 737s is about $6 US more than the whole DF 734 package. So, if you have a lot of extra cash to burn, and you can't stand the Dreamfleet model, you pay about $67.50 for the DF panel, and two beautiful, but (IMO) highly overpriced 737s.Why do I say 'overpriced' given the quality of the model? Compare the ariane birds to other models of similar quality. Take the Real Air Sim SF.260. You get: a model that is definitely comparable to an Ariane 737, a sound set, a panel, a virtual cockpit that is, IMHO, the best currently available, and FIVE liveries. This will all cost you $25.00. With ONE Ariane 737-300, for example, you get: A model and ONE livery. All for roughly $18.78. Becuase you can't purchase JUST textures, like the PSS A320 package, you pay up the *** for multiple airliner schemes. Also, I haven't heard many good things about Ariane support. OK... my pricing rant is over, and I hope I've made my point.

The liveries are a bit over priced but they are in the process of lowering them to right around $12.50 per plane.Plus the new pricing plan I was told for the complete UA pack (5 planes 3 Shuttles, nc, and oc) will run right at $47. Still for some a bit high but since 99% of my flights are in 737-300's I have no problem paying for something that I use daily as you can see from my screen shots over the past year :)Ariane has provided me with nothing but great support :)Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest Lobaeux4

That would be great if they're planes were lowered to $12.On their website it says they're developing a -400 panel with an FMC. I've read most things I could find on the DF panel. It seems pretty good. Of course I've got the PIC 767, PSS A320, 747, 777, Grabowski's ERJ, and Oleksiy's Dash 8. These are the a/c I fly, but like I said, I'd like to round out that stable with the 737, and I've become addicted to payware panels (Oleksiy's and Grabowski's are payware caliber), and the best 737 freeware panel I could find seems to crash my computer.I was just wondering about the quality of the Ariane panel if anyone's got it and how it would compare to DF's.I may not be able to wait for Ariane's -400 panel, lol.LobaeuxBTW you're screenshots are fantastic, they're part of the reason I want the 737!

Guest crashing_pilot

uhm.....i'm missin' the great dash 7 package by milton shupe and others.....that's payware worthy freeware too my friend...just my cent :(Tom van der Elst

Guest Lobaeux4

How much better is the DF panel than the Ariane one? What kind of behaviour does the DF autopilot exhibit? How is it different than PIC's or PSS's?Sorry for all the questions, $30 for DF panel and another $15 or so for the Ariane plane is a lot, especially with Radar Contact v3, Wilco's Airport 2002, and PSS Dash 8 coming out.Thanks,Lobaeux

Basically the DF 737 is the PIC of the 737 panels :)The DF panel is all photo real (side views too) it has a FMC the Ariane one does not (for now). I have the first Ariane panel and I do not care for it.Some users (not all) seem to have problems with the AP capturing the G/S at times. I have yet to ever have this happen.Like I said and Uwe said the DF panel/sounds are a Perfect match with the Ariane 737. Just take a look at the screen shots of the DF panel and then look at the Ariane panel.Johnualfan@msn.com

Guest Lobaeux4

I think you guys have sold me. I'll have to dl'd DF today.Thanks,Lobaeux

Hi, Uwe,Just for grins, the correct word in English would be "quantify".If you want to use "ize", it works well in "criticize" :-lol(which this post ain't) --BeachComer Stephen "Beach" Comer Real World Pile-it Commercial ASMEL, Instrument Airplane 4500 TT, 2500 BE20 & BE10 Serving Happy Landings Since 1973!

Guest Toni Rauch

AdamI'm intrigued....In what ways exactly do you think Ariane have 'got things right' as opposed to the Dreamfleet 737 package?Toni.