Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Downloading Weather - Strange Problem

Last weekend I went for broke - downloaded and installed the excellent Active Sky and Sky World SE programs together with the XP SP1 patch. Everything was fine until I went to download the real world weather directly in FS2K2. I kept getting the error message "The system cannot find the file specified" and it would go no further.Thinking probably that some file had become corrupted or I had been heavy handed with the delete button I uninstalled and reinstalled FS2K2 - but the result stayed the same.Here's the weird part. I fired up Active Sky and the weather downloaded and worked fine in FS! I also use Getweather and whenever I try to use that or download the weather again directly from FS2K2 I get either the error message mentioned before or one of the two following error meesages:"The server returned an invlaid or unrecognised response" - or"A connection with the server could not be established"I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Active Sky, Getweather and Skworld SE just in case but the result remains the same.Any assistance to resolve this problem is much appreciated.Thanks,Steve

Search the forum archives for the error message you are receiving.. there was a post a while back that explained this problem and can be fixed by entering the correct ip address/URL of FS servers in your .cfg file.But why are you using FS weather when you have ActiveSky?:)-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks for the info Damian. Will search again for the address as suggested."But why are you using FS weather when you have ActiveSky?"I don't usually. :-} But I do not always want to go on online. When I don't want to, or if I want to test some tweak I have made, then I use one of the stored Getweather weather files. Looking forward to Activesky having a similar archive function in what is already a great program - for which many thanks.Regards,Steve