Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

What's the Best C-130?

Guest Heather 636

G'Day!I've had a hankering to repaint a C-130. It's been a while since I downloaded one of these so I highly doubt I have the best one out there.In your opinion, what is the best package, or combination of aircraft, panel, sound, etc.GMAX would be preferred but is not mandatory, nor is VC.Thanks in advance!Cheers!Heather

Hey Heather, I don't think one has been made in awhile, especially in GMAX. My fav is still an older one by Adrian Brausch, it has opening doors and is a good model, the zip I have is abc-130k.zip, I didn't see it here, but I know it is at Flightsim. good luck and I look forward to it!!regards, Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Heather 636

Thanks MichaelI'll download it and have a look.Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

I'll check that one out too!Thank you Trev. Heather

Guest Lobaeux4

Heather,You're going to paint a C-130? Are you taking requests? If you are, I'd like to ask for one from the 61st Airlift Squadron, the Green Hornets here at Little Rock. I'm a little biased towards them since that's my squadron, and I haven't found one painted in their colors.Thanks,Lobaeux

Guest Heather 636

G'Day LobaeuxI wasn't planning on it, a fictional livery was in mind, however, like I did with the Widgeon, it's sometimes easier for me to make multiple paints while working on the same aircraft.Some pictures would be needed of course, But I suppose I could give it a go for you.Send info to me at pharoah42@eritter.net then take a number and have a seat. Got another plane ahead of this one and then I'll be tackling the 130. Probably be mid next week before i can delve into it.Cheers!Heather

Guest Akflyin

Hello Heather,The Sisters ready for another trip north ? ;) Being somewhat familiar with the "Herc" for my last 3500 flight hours I was always looking for a good Herc Combo for Flight Sim 2k2I used the following aircraftabuscgv4.zipHC130_2K.zip The panel I have been using isc130panel.zip.The sounds I have been using isba_c130.zip from Blue arrowYou should be able to find the files here or at flightsim. If not let me know, be glad to helpIf you are also looking for any technical info let me know. Fly safe Dave

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that.Actually, I do indeed have another job idea for "the sisters" but just haven't made time to sit down and write it out. Believe it or not, I am planning to write a novel that revolves somewhat around a particular one of them (the ex-marine and cop)in a loose sort of way.Yeah, right, like with all this painting and other stuff, I really have the time to write.Cheers!Heather

Guest Lobaeux4

Dave, u a herk driver in real life?Lobaeux

Hi Heather,If you want Adrian's C-130 I have an RCAF repaint in the library of it. (imagine that:-lol)Just do a search for my name "Dan Port" and it should come up.BTW, I have not given up on the Amilia Earhart adventure. Just have not had time to work on it. I did do a Howland Island from some research pics and drawings I found.http://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Dan, I'll check that one out too. Have tried four so far and my "keeper" results can be seen at:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID43/1197.htmlBut nothing is written in stone but the "Commandments." I'll have to have a look at yours as well.Funny you should mention the Earhart project, was just thinking about it the other day and wondering what happened. I well understand that "no time" issue. I still have yet to touch a single piece of scenery, the main thing I wanted to learn to do. Been too busy painting airplanes, but what the heck, it's fun. That's what it's all about, right?I believe I have your Howland Island. Remember the problems I had getting rid of the white grass? Still in my library waiting on that Lockheed Electra to set down upon it.Cheers!Heather

Guest Heather 636

G'Day!Well, after finding a suitable model, sounds, panel, etc., I am definitely going to repaint this bird. Very nice!I did a Google search on your unit based out of Little Rock and although I found sites and plenty of pictures of unit patches, not a single pic of a Herk.I am willing to have a go at your units colors but without photos or pictures, I'm dead in the water. Can't paint it if i don't know what she looked like.If you want to search out some pictures of one of them, mail them to me at pharoah42@eritter.netCheers!Heather

Guest Akflyin

Good Morning Lobaeux4,I did 15 yrs in the Engineers seat with the Coast Guard in the H model of the Herc. Am retird now but really miss the flying. Got my intial qual at Minn. St Paul for proformance and Little Rock for the Flights and sim training.Fly safeDave

I prefer Adrian Braush's version. I too would like to see a G-MAX bird. It would be really nice to see an H2/H3 model as well as a J and J-30 model. I've been repainting one E model in the colors of the 62nd. I also plan to do at least a 53rd bird. They aren't releasable yet. I could use some help from a more advanced repainter. Plus I'm doing some work from memory. As long as I can get the basic items correct on the one aircraft, the 61st, 53rd, 189th etc. should be easy to do.