Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

What's the Best C-130?

Guest Lobaeux4

Railrunner,Will be good to see -130E's being painted. Of course I'm biased, but I prefer the E model to the newfangled H or J models, lol.Sure once you get the 62nd done, it'll be real easy to make those out to 53rd or 61st birds. Just remember the schoolhouse birds all say "Team Little Rock" on the tail, the 61st still says "The Rock" and hopefully they won't change that.Heather,I'm on leave right now, and never got a call that I was supposed to fly on Monday, so it may be a couple of days before I go in to work before I can get you pics. I looked to see if I had any pics already, but the only ones I have are in the cockpit, not outside. I'll take some pics when I go in to work.Lobaeux

It seems to me that "TASK FORCE ROCK" or "THE ROCK" is on most. I've also seen some "TEAM LITTLE ROCK" and "LITTLE ROCK". I've been trying to figure out whether the slogan varies by squadron. To make things more confusing, some aircraft have block style letters and some don't. Also, a few AETC birds have the Chaffe/Flare dispensers. The 189th birds all say "ARKANSAS" on the tail.Maybe a trip down to Public Affairs can get me permission to take some pics. Lobaeux, I'm on the Rock for maybe a week or so longer. Gotta get some good weather so I can get out of here. It figures, the weather (though hot) hasn't been bad until I need good weather. Then it turns to garbage.

Guest Lobaeux4

You're right. "Task Force Rock" is printed on the AETC birds, the 53rd and the 62nd. I think "team little rock" is over, they should be repainted shortly. On the AMC side of the house, I think we're sticking with "The Rock", at least I hope we do. "The Rock" should be painted on the 61st and 50th planes. Ask if you need callsigns for the different squadrons.What are you doing here at the rock? TDY?Lobaeux

Guest Lobaeux4

Look at those bundles go!! It's been almost a year since I've done airdrop.LobaeuxHere I am last year at Lawson, dropping the Basic Airborne Course. You know they don't let us walk across their legs anymore, LOL?

Woops, Sorry 'bout that. I thought I edited out the image after I saw how big it was.

Heather,If you're taking repaint requests, can I put one in for the 53rd Weather Recon Squadron, aka the Hurricane Hunters? I fly with them as a weather officer. We have H-models and now J-models. You should find a decent amount of pictures on the squadron web site, www.hurricanehunters.com.Taking a number and getting in line,Warren Madden

Guest Heather 636

I'd be happy to add your name to the list Warren, but is this by chance the one you are looking for?

Pro USAF Lockheed WC-130J Hercules File Description:FS2002 Pro United States Air Force Lockheed WC-130J Hercules, Tail Number 96-5301. Part of the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (known as the Hurricane Hunters) are stationed at Keesler AFB, Biloxi, Miss, USA. Ver6 WC-130J design with night lighting, full moving parts including animated rear ramp. FS2002 Std Users can use this plane by changing the panel to one of the Freeware C130 panels available on the Net. Design and Paint by Barry Blaisdell (PAD) Flight Dynamics by Jens Borgstroem (DA). (JW) Filename: wc130j22.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 24th July 2002 Downloads: 1148 Author: Premier Aircraft Design Size: 232kb Panel: (Can't recommend enough!! Awesome!)Hercules C130 High Res. UpdatedFile Description:The updated FS2002 C130 panel has many cosmetic changes. The enhancements included are an accurate VIS gauge, a zoom panel of the Primary Instruments and a Fuel Status gauge. The Flaps gauge has also been recalibrated to accurately reflect the C130 Flap positions. Filename: hercpnl_up2k2.zip Author: Clive Ryan Available at www.avsim.comSound:Lockheed C130 Hercules SoundFile Description:Complete new sound file for The Lockheed C130 Hercules. Fully compatible for all three sims. Features the unique Allison T56 sound. Sampled at 22-05016 bit ADPCM.Filename: ba_c130.zip Author: Mike Hambly Available at www.avsim.comHope this gets you what you're looking for.Cheers!Heather

Guest Mike94

Heather,yes! This panel is awsome!! It's a must have for the Hercules. It gives a great feeling 'to-be-there'!Cheers from germany and thanks for all your great repaints,Michael

Thanx for the pointer! Overall it looks good, but I do have a few nits to pick :-)The wing tanks are missing. The stock J models don't have them, but we fly such long stretches at 10,000 or lower that we needed the extra capacity on our birds.The slope of the cockpit front merging into the radome seems a bit too steep. For comparison, here's a photo of the actual 5301:http://www.hurricanehunters.com/jnose.jpgAs an aside, the H-models we use have a different nose:http://www.hurricanehunters.com/phstart.jpghttp://www.hurricanehunters.com/phdso.jpgNice panel, but it's an approximation of an H-model cockpit. Here's a look at the J panel:http://www.hurricanehunters.com/jpseat.jpghttp://www.hurricanehunters.com/jpanel.jpgI'll certainly be downloading this one, but I figured I'd give you a challenge to outdo it! :-)Take care!Warren Madden

Guest Heather 636

Thank you. That looks nice. Saved the site to favorites and will have to keep an eye open for the release of that one.Cheers!Heather