Sign in to follow this  

Big Problem after installing DirectX 8.2

Guest Uwe

Hi all,I carefully read the tread below, but could not find any answer. I am using Windows XP Professional, PIV 1,7 Ghz, 1.024 MB RAM, fast Harddrive and Geforce3, 64 RAM with newest drivers. 40...I had some good framerates of about 15 to 20. Untill i installed the new DirectX 8.2 today. The droped down to 6!! On almost all planes from other designers, not on default ones. For example i had 18 with the high res texture of KLM on the Meljet. Now it is 8!So i restored to Direct X 8.1. No change, still the same. I made a defrag, no result, i deleted the fs Config so that fs reconstructs it, without any change.Does somebody maybe have a solution on this weird problem. Comments are mostly welcome.Uwe

Guest Edam

I installed SP1 for XP yesterday, along with DX 8.2. It made FS2K2 unplayable due to stutters of 5, or more, seconds.Have you tried System Restore? I had to reinstall XP because installing SP1 blew away my previous restore points.

Guest Uwe

Yup,I restored everything and just installed newest driver 41..No way to get the old frames backCheers

Hi Uwe,I have been running DX8.2 wwithout any troubles at all. CFS3 installs it by default. It seems from reading many posts from here and elsewhere, that if you do not have SP1 installed DX8.2 can cause troubles. Most have reported not being able to run FS2002 in MP after upgrading to DX8.2 unless SP1 is installed.If you don't have SP1, it could be worth a try.Hope it helps,Glen

What are the known problems with installing SP1? Iam running: P4 1.8g 256 RAM 80 gig hard drive NVIDIA GeForce 3 Ti200 Thanks.

Edam, I meant the known problems in FS2002 specifically with the install of SP1. Thanks