Sign in to follow this  

Something special for England and Wales

About England and Wales, something special is about to happen. You can get the terrain and aerial views in a complete package that will retail in four issues of three discs each issue.Buying all for 99.99 English pounds will save you Twenty Pounds over the cost of separate issues. With this scenery, you have all the hills and views which when flying will show every road, building, just as a real pilot would see in daylight.The first set is due almost now and is for the Eastern part of England.Go to www.getmapping.com/flightsim and follow the links and see the screenshots.During the Millenium Year the whole of England and Wales was mapped from a height of 5000ft.ngo

Guest Lobaeux4

Looks great, but I wonder how it will affect FPS, and I read somewhere that autogen scenery does not work with it.Lobaeux

Right. As long as you fly at 5,000 feet and never land, you'll be fine.It's a lot of money. I'm sure it's ultracool to see your own house (?) but I didn't buy FS2002 to turn off the autogen.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

"Looks great, but I wonder how it will affect FPS, and I read somewhere that autogen scenery does not work with it"I hear the frame rates are better than default. The information states that you can build you own autogen with MS tools. I will not use autogen as all the trees are there but will amend my scenery to put buildings, etc. on the appropriate footprint.My scenery for two wartime aerodromes and a modern gliding centre are listed at the bottom of the index page www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo

"Right. As long as you fly at 5,000 feet and never land, you'll be fine"They recommend flying at 2000 ft.

George,You write"The principle is a good idea, a little advanced for this version of FS I think. Personally I dont want to see photo objects only when I'm on top of them, thats IF I fly VFR at 1500feet.IFR at 33,000, there realy is no point in this texture set."This scenery also includes a new mesh that is issued by Visual Flight.It gives a view just like a real pilot gets during daylight flying.When I get my copy I will upload some screenshots.

Hi NGOI am excited about the GetMapping photoscenery and am ordering it. When I have installed it, I would like to place some 3D buildings on their footprint, particularly on the final approaches to some UK airports/fields. I have no idea or clue how to do that, so would you be able to help?Perhaps if I can get some success, we could swap files.Best wishes

For $230 USD I can get the new Cougar stick and throttle combo - for now I'll stick to making my own with Terrascene.

I have to say that based on the screenshots this is the best (non-airport) scenery I have every seen in a flight sim. Textures, colors are just right. This coupled with Gary's airports - UK seems to be the only country that would be available in photo-detail quality in the FS. I would also like to know when installed what would be the full size of this scenery on your HD ?Michael J.

Nice to see a Worldwide Flightsim product originate from my doorstep.Any discount for residents of NW Leicestershire?????:-lol

At 33,000 feet, even mesh is wasted. The view a "real" pilot gets cant be replicated by flat textures unless your in the turn banking at 90 degrees and on top at 1500 of what you want to see.As I said good idea in principle, but personally only for the rich kids. I would be extremely dissapointed to know I have to turn off autogen, Cant fly at night or in Winter after spending

Apart the issue of autogen - night textures - season changes - etc etc - you take this for granted if you use photorealistic scenery.The major problem of vast coverage photorealistic scenery in fs is the loading time.With a scenery of this kind - although looks good - you have to be prepared to wait for quite few minutes before fs does load the all lot - everytime. But again - you never know how a major scenery works on each pc till you have installed.Ray

Guest emergency_pants

Sorry if this sounds a bit sharp... but it's an insult and a rip-off!!!!