Sign in to follow this  

Localizer and Navigation ques seem to be off a little

Hi allThe A/C when flying the localizer flys straight but off to the left about the width of the runway. Also the A/C seems to fly the GPS course but parallel to the GPS path lines. Only off about a degree but still off. So all nav stuff seems to be offset to some degree. Anyone have any Ideas? I have only done this with KSEA but will try KSFO today. I didnt know if there may have been any side effects noted from any scenery or AI traffic Add-Ons or others that may effect the nav db stuff. Any help would be appreciated. It has been a while since I havent flown IFR for a while but I do remember when I had, the nav stuff was right on centerline. Weird one!!!!RegardsBobG

Guest JeanLuc_

I never experienced this with FS2002. Could it be that you've changed the lat/lon format to decimal minutes (instead of sexadecimal) for your flight planning files and / or lat/lon display in FS?

No nothing like that. Its almost like the some runways and such have been displaced or something. Not sure what it is. The nav database is not in sync with positions of objects. Not sure how this could happen.Bob

1) Some runways are misaligned in FS, and cause you to land somewhere else, and on the other hand it can be the winds too that is blowing you away from the course.2) Almost all of the time you just fly parallel to the green line, and not on the green line, in your GPS because of the winds.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)