Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

WOW!!!!!Milton Shupe,Aaron Swindle,Joao Paz,Scott Thoma

Guest Milton

To open the Cargo Door,Depress Shift+E, then release and hit the "2" quickly.This is standard FS protocol. Sorry I didn't mention it in the Doc.Milton

Milton, As soon as I try to open the overhead, it crashes FS2k2. I've ensured that everything in the gauges folder has been copied but there seems to be somthing about the overhead causing a snag. Any clues?AndyEGTR

Guest Milton

Andy,Be sure the gauges got loaded intact to the FS2002/Gauges folder. It seems some unzips want to unzip the .cab files.Reload the packaged Dash7c1/Gauges folder contents to the FS2002/Gauges folder without changes. I think this will solve the problem.Milton

Milton,Thanks for the tip, but no joy so far. I've unzipped the whole thing into a temporary directory, and then copied the contents of the /gauges directory to my fs2k2 /gauges. I've then checked to see that the .CAB files are intact; they are. It still crashes to the desktop as soon as I go for the overhead.Seems like maybe a file is missing?All the other improvements are fantastic, especially the wet runway effects. It's pesisting down here in the southern UK and a night take-off from Brize Norton was extremely dramatic Great job. Just wish I could use the overhead...Cheers,Andy

Guest Frank Betts

I did the usual install. everything works to a T Just I did not know how to open the cargo door which Milton has given me the answer. I am a happy camper Folks :-smile12

AndyThanks for the nice comments on the fx. I'm glad you are enjoying them. ;-)I sometimes have the same ctd trouble with this and a couple of other panels too but it seems to clear up if I start from a clean reboot with nothing else running but the sim.You also need to be sure that everything has loaded completly before trying the swap, it sometimes takes quite a few seconds here after it first appears onscreen until it settles in. Listen to your hard drive and be sure it has finished clucking away before you try.You also may want to try it both in window mode and fullscreen mode to see if that makes any difference to you. (alt-enter)Brian

Guest Milton

Hang in here with us Andy, we will find the problem. Scott Thomas is away this morning/early afternoon, and I will refer to him.It seems no matter how much we test, there are always some configurations that want something different.We will find the issue.Milton

Thanks Milton. I do appreciate that. This thing is to good not to have it working 100%!FWIW I have tried loading it after a clean boot and waiting for everything to load fully - same result. I'm using XP Pro SP1 with an XP1900+ on an EPoX Mobo, 512k and a GF4400 with 30.82 drivers. FYI, I'm dl-ing it again just to be sure there was no corruption anywhere. If it fixes it I'll post here.AndyEGTR

Just another thought Andy. Do you have the fssound.dll file in your modules folder and (the old modules line must be in square brackets, sorry I can't get it to show properly in the forum)OldModules FSSound.dll=1in your Aircraft.cfg file?You may want to try it both with and without. Remember that you need to move the dll file from the modules folder to a temporary folder for the test.

Brian,I guess you meant 'fs2002.cfg' and, yes, I did have fssound.dll in the /modules folder and the line in the .cfg file under [OLD MODULES]. I've tried it with and without - no change. It's got me completely beat as nothing like it has ever happened before.AndyEGTR

Bah! yes fs2002.cfg, my mistake sorry.Well Andy, all I can say is we will keep trying to duplicate the problem and find a fix. Sorry none of the suggestions have helped so far.

Hi Tom and all,I feel exactly the same. Great aircraft inside and out and performs well. Fantastic panel also. Can't wait to download the new cargo cllection.Howard

Guest crashing_pilot

yup,it's just fantastic....i've never seen a decent dash 7....i love the plane !!!!...and then these guys love it as much as i do and WHAM....next thing you know i spot a dash7v1.zip in the library,and i thought....heck,i'll give it a go...and one things for sure...those birds are not leaving my harddisk....ever!! :-) (well...maybe when fs2033 comes out :( )Tom van der Elst

Milton & Co,Just wanted to let you know I'm also getting the crash to desktop when selecting the overhead panel. Other than that it's great! Love those t-prop aircraft...and this creation of yours is magnificent!!!Hope you can find a work around for the overhead problem....Regards,ScottCFII/KJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Guest RobA

Milton, Thanks to you and your group for an outstanding package! I'm also getting the fs2k2 crash when trying to click on the overhead panel button. Just went through all the suggestions on this thread before posting this. Running Win98SE on a AMD 1.4, plenty of RAM and a GForceII Pro 64 MB video card. After installing the dx8.2 updates on my machine, the Dash 7 flys smooth as silk. :-) Before this it was a bit choppy with the Dash 7 and thus not useable. Now, it's a dream to fly and look at.Best regards, Rob