Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

WOW!!!!!Milton Shupe,Aaron Swindle,Joao Paz,Scott Thoma

Guest crashing_pilot

T H A N K S for a G R E A T model guys....i really really love it...if i weren't married i'd propose :( .It got me out of my 767 PIC cocpit...need i say more?? :-)have a beer on me.greetings and all the bestTom van der Elstp.s i know it sounds slimy,but geeez...the guys did great work,and i want to thank them..humor is appreciated though :-)Yeah Yeah,we'll fly there lady...TOMORROW!!!!!...Easy as a Jet eh?!?...and would you please stop smoking?????

Ok I give up. What model are you referring to?TksBobG

Guest crashing_pilot

the dash 7.....DASH7V1.ZIP...GO GET IT!!!!!! :(Tom van der Elst

Guest crashing_pilot

panel,sound,plane all in one deal.....best of all:IT'S FREE!!!!NOW......G O G E T I T !!!!!!:(Tom van der Elstp.s polar tiger is a nice callsign for the gronlandsfly dash 7...

Guest crashing_pilot

have you got it yet?HURRY!!!!:(Tom van der Elst

Guest Milton

Hi Tom :-)Thanks for the compliments. They are appreciated.Today, I just uploaded the All-Cargo Dash 7, 5 liveries, and many new features (some of which are planned for release 2).The all-cargo version is windowless, with fictional paint schemes done by Andre Folkers, Bill Womack, Bob Patton, John Makani,and Walter Wilson.This is a special all-cargo version release but with many refinements.Actually everything has changed but the sounds. :-) Here is a quik list of refinements for the cargo series. The final 2 paragraphs explain the rationale behind this special release. The exterior model is windowless with a large port side cargo door. Five pallets of cargo sit inside the Dash 7.The rudder is now more realistic with a double hinged movement.The intermediate slow prop appears with strong transparency for bettertransitioning between still and blurred mesh.The .air and .cfg files were changed to make minor adjustments to flight dynamics and engine gauge readouts.The panel has had numerous changes.There is now an awesome realistic overhead panel that is also great for flying VFR.There is a very nice annunciator panel.There are minor view adjustments.There is a night Spot Lighted Panel.There is a new automatic Registration Readout gauge that displays theregistration for the version you are flying.New functions, changes and corrections have been made to various gauges. Thank you Scott Thomas. :-)There are awesome new wet runway effects that sprays water from the tires and leaves a trail of wake water behind. The annunciator panel also displays surface conditions. Thank you Brian Cook. :-)Interior cargo/cabin light changes to better show the cargo. Thanks Brian.There are 5 cargo liveries thanks to John Makani, Andre Folkers, BillWomack, Bob Patton, and Walter Wilson. Thank you guys for your greatliveries ... and I know for a fact, a bunch more are coming. :-)There is a very special livery done for and about the original Dash 7 team which proudly displays the flag of each of the Dash 7 Teammembers' homelands. This is an awesome gift livery from Andre Folkers to the Dash 7 Team.This release incorporates many great improvements and once againdemonstrates the great people in the FS community who can come together to produce a super product, one more freeware contribution to the hobby we love.Thanks to all of the Dash 7 Team who contributed their valuable time to this team project. This all-cargo version was done to thank specifically John, Andre, Bill, Bob, and Walter for the many repaints they have contributed since September 14th. These more popular liveries helped push the Dash 7 downloads to over 20,000 in just one month. Thank you guys; your efforts are greatly appreciated. :-)"___________________________________________________________Milton ShupeThe Dash 7 Projecthttp://www.flightsimonline.com/dash7 Support Page

Hey IFR, where the heck have you been, get back on the zone!Metro777......Paul MeyerMorris C09Bellanca CitabriaCessna 150, 152, 172

Guest Milton

LOL Hey Metro,Long time no see. Well, I quit visiting the zone way back when they started requiring a passport.Just as well .. trying to dabble in aircraft design now... ;-)Milton / IFRfun

Guest crashing_pilot

hi Milton,glad you appreciate,'cos i really like this bird...i'll take the cargoversion for a spin as well mate...i just wanted to say Thank you to all you guys of the dash 7 project,'cos i tell ya...if this were in the store,i'd pay 40 dollars and be happy,and yet,you guys spent a lot of time and effort,creating this beautifull plane...thanks again...and uhh.....don't stop eh??:(greetingsTom van der Elst

Guest Milton

Thank you again Tom. The Dash 7 had to be done... an all time favorite of mine to fly in RW. :-)There will be 2 more releases at least and maybe a few surprises ... who knows. :-)Milton

Guest racartron

Milton, just downloaded the awesome new cargo version. Obviously it is a separate install, BUT, with all your enhancements, is it okay to add the new panel and effects stuff to the existing bird? Can't find anything in the copious readme documentation that mentions this.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Guest Milton

Racartron,Yes you can, or simply alias the panel and sounds from the Dash7v1 to the cargo version.If you truly understand the setup for aircraft, you could also setup one Dash 7 folder and combine the models and textures and use one set of panels, sounds, doc, .air, etc.I didn't do this for you because there are so many repaints available, everyone's aircraft.cfg will be quite different.The cargo door specification would not be an issue (in the .cfg file and original model) but I haven't tested the double hinged rudder (with the original model) ... but it should be okay.I would suggest alias'ing for now, and release two will also incorporate the new features (and more).Milton

Guest racartron

Milton, you have made my (and others) day. I'll go with the aliasing approach for now as I already have a ton of passenger liveries(40 at last count). Now I can begin the cargo version fleet. Just can't get enough of this beautiful aircraft.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what.

Guest Frank Betts

Maybe I missed something somewhere obviously, But how do you get the cargo door to open? silly question I know but please just humor me