Sign in to follow this  
Guest C17SimGuy

Looking for good terrain mesh. . .

Guest C17SimGuy

. . .for all of New England, but mostly the Tri-state area. I'm really interested in high-res mesh for CT and NJ. Anyone know where I can find this? I'd prefer freeware over payware, but any leads will be useful. Thanks!(8-| drew (8-|

Guest Lindy

I only use mesh for certain areas myself, so don't have many files. But a good place to look is FSGenesis. I believe that's Justin Tyme's site.You can also find some mesh files here in the Avsim Library, at Simviation and probably at flightsim.com (if you can get in there.)Good luck-Lindy :-wave

Hi Drew, As Lindy suggested, FSGenesis is an excellent product. I just ordered and received the entire US mesh on 5 CDs. I havent had time to explore all of the areas yet, but so far it has been a great improvement over the freeware mesh that I had previously installed. They have super fast shipping and reasonable prices.Craig

Guest sgreenwood

Hello Drew,I also offer 30m mesh for the entire mainland US. You may want to check out my site as well.Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

I'd prefer freeware over paywareLOL, "I wan't HIGH RES" but I don't want to pay for it...LOL!Spend some money buddy and get FSGenises!

Guest Heather 636

Ironic that I should see this post as soon as i come into the forum because I was just looking at this over at flightsim.comFS2002 Landclass Update For New EnglandName: ne_lc_10.zip Size: 1,324,935 Date: 11-01-2002 FS2002 Landclass Update For New England. Includes the states of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI) as well as adjacent areas in New York and New Jersey. All of Long Island is covered. Adds an immense amount of detail to a previously poorly covered area with no effect on frame rates. Produced in part with John Cillis' Landclass Assistant. Sampled from USGS data. By Mike Ouellette.Haven't downloaded it so can't say anything more about it. But it's free. Here are some other's input on it though:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/12819.htmlGood luck!Heather

Guest C17SimGuy

Wow. . .thanks for all the posts! :7 I actually talked to Justin from FSGenesis. He sent me a sample pic of 12N in NJ and of my old home 'port of KDXR in CT. I think I'm going to probably buy that mesh soon! -drew