Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Regarding opening aircraft textures

I know this should be going on the next forum below this one, but there is more traffic here !How to I open up aircraft textures in 2002 for editing. I fellow simmer suggested Immage tool to convert them into a tga format. What is the proper method doing this.Adobe and Paint shop Pro display nonsense when opening up the bmp files. The immage below tells you what I get with Paint shop pro, adobe want open at all.Regard

You need to use imagetoo or DXTbmp to convert the files into either tga or bmp format that can be read by Photoshop. Once you have done what you need to do, use Imagetool or DXTbmp to reconvert the file back into its DXT format bmp file.Visit www.gjsmith.com, he has a step by step tutorial abour repainting fs2002 textures.

Well gjsmith I have already read and he doesnt say a word about converting or did I miss it and I have been told to use these converters here but no good if I don

Hi Arni,Dave has already answered your initial question, so there is no reason to be rude. Follow his instructions, and you'll be fine. If you require further information, a polite request is highly likely to yield the desired answer.Cheers,Gosta.

The problem here is, as in many other cases in these forums, that answers are not clear but often rais more questions than they answer.The below is a good sample of that. First the name of the programm is wrongly spelled, noting is being said about what kind of format it should be converted into so that the files can be read by the software and last gjsmith says nothing about converting as Dave claims. And finally there is no source on were to get these converting tools." You need to use imagetoo or DXTbmp to convert the files into either tga or bmp format that can be read by Photoshop. Once you have done what you need to do, use Imagetool or DXTbmp to reconvert the file back into its DXT format bmp file.Visit www.gjsmith.com, he has a step by step tutorial abour repainting fs2002 textures" Regard

Guest Heather 636

My two cents worth.I use DXTBmp to do all of my conversions to 24 bitmap images for painting then I usually convert them back to an extended 32-bit 888-8 image for FS2002.I occasionally use Paint Shop Pro for special effects such as night lighting and sunbursts, however, once converted to a simple bitmap image, I use an old run of the mill paint program.That's it.Heather

You have nothing else better to do than to complain about posts from people? You arrogant SOB! What more do you want Arni? You want someone to hand hold you every friggin step of the way? Want someone to help you do your texture too?I told you to convert your textures to either tga or bmp using either Imagetool or DXTbmp, and then use Photoshop or what ever to do your painting, and use DXTbmp or Imagetool to convert back to the extended format bmp, whats so hard about that?Even Heather explained the exact same thing as I did!

Thank you Jeff for detailed instructions.Regard