Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Frame rates at Heathrow!

Guest A32X

are unbelieveably low and then when I load up somewhere even more complex lke Gary Summons Manchester scenery it runs much smoother.Anyone know why?(I'm using default EGLL scenery)

Guest sidewinder

Hey, I also experience the same thing....Garrys sceneries make my fs smoother :)

Me too....Recently loaded up, was it Darren's, very strong wind fle over S England. Really noticed the frame rate problem coming in to land - lucky to get down in one piece!David

Guest A32X

Is there anyway to solve the fps issue at Heathrow?Regards,

Guest Milio_B

Pheewww...And I thought I was the only one that got HORRIBLE fps at Heathrow....hehehe, now I feel betetr! :(No idea how to fix it though....

Maybe its because when Gary did Heathrow it was programmed using tools that might have been updated as time went by so that the code was optimised better at the time that he did Manchester.His last scenery set is quite smooth compared to Heathrow and I think now that he has done Part 5 he is going back to Heathrow to update it with the new textures and add more bits and probably it will be optimised better. He will be updating the other sceneries also I think to make them more upto date with his latest ones.Dont forget Heathrow was coded for FS2000 and then had to redo it for FS2002 so its based on old code now. But still a good airport,Also remember that the max version can slow your PC down alot if you are using those static planes.Craig Kiltie

Bear in mind that the more AI traffic you have the more the demand on your processor will be. This will have a direct affect on frame rates as Gary mentions in his documentation. Try cutting back on the AI at heathrow and watch your framerates climb!Cheers, Stewart.

Guest Milio_B

Yeah, but he's is talking about default EGLL!

Yeah and AI frquency will still affect default airports.Cheers,Stewart.

It's not Heathrow that's the problem really.It's downtown London with all the big buildings and bridges.

I second those who say default Heathrow frames are very bad. For me AI at 100 percent gives me a respectable fps and in Heathrow, I can barely fly!

Just remember, the more things going on the more work your CPU has to do so something suffers, frame rates.If I fly at FL350 I probably get 50+ fps because there is only bland sky to process, when I am on approach to any large add-on airport frame rates will drop to low 20's or even mid teens.If you can't live without AI & all other settings at max then save up for a 4GHz CPU :-lol