Sign in to follow this  

Concorde.gau

Guest wizard01

Can anyone help me to find a 'FS2000 Concorde.gau', please? - this gauge is required for a DC10 panel that I have just downloaded? I no longer have FS2000.I have searched Avsim Library also you know where :) without success.

Guest nitram

Is n't that an infringement of copyright to have the guage without owning the software ?regards Nitram UK

obviously not since it is included with countless panels and is availible on most major FS sites.

Guest flightpro08

interesting. I guess this is the one copyright violation that everyone seems to accept. I've never heard someone say "don't download the concorde gauge, it's illegal!" I'm guessing MS doesn't care much either.

Guest wizard01

Surely most panel authors use default gauges, don't they? In my case if MS had included the Concorde in FS2002 Pro I wouldn't have a problem in the first place!In any case there isn't a case to answer yet; for I still can't find the right gauge. Now I'm having to re-install my FS 2000 Pro to get this gauge. Since I've purchased this gauge buried somewhere inside FS2K Pro I don't think Bill and I have a problem anyway :)

>Is n't that an infringement of copyright to have the guage >without owning the software ? >regards Nitram UK Yes, but it is available for no cost from Microsoft themseleves. It is in the patch file for FS2000 which can be downloaded from MS.

That file is the update for FS2000 Pro.The license for that file states that it is not allowed to be used with any other product.Therefore using the content of that file with FS2002 or FS2000 Std without owning FS2000 Pro is a violation of the terms of that license.Whichever excuse people try to come up with, using pirated software or pirated parts of software is against the law.I guess Microsoft might no longer care about the Concorde gauges since they are no longer being sold as part of any product, but that doesn't mean you should distribute them...

Guest flightpro08

>Surely most panel authors use default gauges, don't they? They do indeed, but they do it in a "legal" way. In their panel.cfg, they simply "link" or point to gauges that should have been installed upon intsllation of FS2k2. As they don't include the gauges in their panel package, the only way to get the proper guages to display is if indeed you have a legal copy of FS2k2 that installed the gauges. Though, as other have pointed out, I don't think M$ really polices this. And, I admit, I downloaded the concord.gau from Yeodesigns, so I'm in no way saying this is wrong. ;-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!