Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliff

How can I keep my seat at a chosen height level?

Guest cliff

Sometimes, to see more clearly, I hit Shift + Enter to raise my seat. However after using left or right views the seat has reverted to the default height. Can I keep it at my chosen level?

easy-peasy........open panel cfg of your chosen plane.....if a VIEWS section exists..........add VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= x.0,0.0,0.0 where x a figure of your choice..........try say 5 for starters and see what happens..............if no VIEWS section then just create it(don't forget the SQUARE BRACKETS).............alan d kerr

Guest cliff

Thanks Alan. Does that mean that after I've made the change you suggest the seat height will remain in that one position or will I still be able to move it up and down?Cliff

It will still move based on your commands. This setting provides the default used when loading a plane or panning around the 2D cockpit and returning to the forward view.Raising the seat a little bit on some aircraft really helps when using pattern entries and look left-forward or right-forward to anticipate your turn to final. Your default height should be set to have an adequate horizon on final to allow a proper view of the runway in the plane's landing configuration since both your hands (and feet if you have peds) could be too busy to key in seat height adjustments.

as a side issue here, I've re-allocated my keys to just ENTER and BACKSPACE on their own-makes it easier. pp

The above fixes work for the 2d panels, if you are using the virtual cockpits, find in the aircraft.cfg file eyepoint. It will look similar to this.(Views)eyepoint=-4.95, -0.85, 2.1 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datumThe last number, (2.1), is the number to raise or lower your seat. Make small changes at first, increasing the numbers will raise your seat, decreasing the numbers will lower your seat.

Guest cliff

Thanks guys.You've all been most helpful..........Cliff