Sign in to follow this  

Dreamfleet Cardinal news...

>continuing drive to improve upon their products, and meet custumer requests is what separates them from all other payware groups.Dear no-name,When I read an advert by any other name claiming any design group's alleged monopoly on a practice - a practice which is something FSD have always done but quietly done without hoop-la, razzamataz or Tupperware Party fanfare ... I believe I/we are entitled to correct that misrepresentation.Would you not agree that to do so is only fair ... ?Rgds,

I think some people are a bit peeved that you're not going to give the upgrades to the Commander and Cheyenne away for free.Mind that I don't care, I know the cost involved in the work and hosting and feel one should be compensated for that.btw, thanks for the T-38. Got to finally try her out yesterday :-jumpy :-yellow1

And talking about 'The Best Single Engine' is always somewhat dangerous ....I love the Dreamfleet Cardinal for its quality and reality and because I flew (and will fly) one for real...I love the RealAir Marchetti for its looks, speed and flight characteristics.....I love the FSD Commander because it was my first quality FS2002 VC payware add-on with good handling and great looks...And I certainly LOVE to fly my old FSD Piper Cub when I am in the mood of sightseeing and just happily trundling along on a peaceful Sunday morning like today .. :-)I think I can come up with a few other great additions that all have their specific attraction and qualities.And then some of the freeware models out there such as the Dash 7 by Milton Shupe and his team, The DC-3 by Jan Visser (yes, I know, not yet released), Yannick Lavigne's Falcon 50.... Not single engines, but all in a class of their own.I don't think there is ONE 'The Best' aircraft around.. but there certainly are a HANDFUL that clearly stand out from the rest ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm]Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][br][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest flightpro08

Rather than calling the Dreamfleet Cardinal the "Best" single engine GA aircraft for FS2k2, I would call it the most "advanced" single engine GA aircraft for FS2k2. I say this because of the amount of panel windows, views, and the detail of the VC.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Animating gear and adding a gauge or two is a minor task that will enhance commercial appeal. It's a smart move. On the other hand, completely rebuilding an existing FSDS design in GMax is a really major undertaking. Which is why you'll never see the framerate hog B737_400 that I worked on ever get visually updated.The alternative to charging a very modest fee, of course, is to simply abstain and not do it at all. We can then invest the time building something else ... but these projects are a lot more than simply 'economic units' to us. I think the T38 (which to date we have given away about ~44,000 copies of) says something about how we view the FS community . Blind Freddy can see that the Tweet made absolutely no commercial sense whatsoever :-lol If folks feel that building something new instead of rebuilding two of our favourite airplanes GMax is a better way for us to invest our time, we can happily do that because it makes much more sense from a business perspective to drop the rebuild effort ... well, yesterday . Best,

Guest sbdwag

Francois"And talking about 'The Best Single Engine' is always somewhat dangerous ...."Your absolutly right! ;)I guess its like a first love for me. There will always be a special place in my heart for her and I will never get over her.The only difference is I can still "Date" my Commander and she is not old and ugly like me now :-dohDenniswww.wagsterstuff.comhttp://www.wagsterstuff.com/wsslogo.jpg

Guest KenG

Uhh, yeah! You are missing something. I, and most of the others, are not singing the praises of DF at the exclusion of anyone. I have all the FSD aircraft. I love them. I am extremely impressed by them and their updates. I have said so in the past. I will sing the praises of ANY COMPANY that surpases my expectations.Why would you take a shot at DF for releasing a free update? How does this announcement hurt FSD? Both are great companies and support their products VERY well.

>Rather than calling the Dreamfleet Cardinal the "Best" >single engine GA aircraft for FS2k2, I would call it the >most "advanced" single engine GA aircraft for FS2k2. I say >this because of the amount of panel windows, views, and the >detail of the VC. >Still "dangerous territory"! :) Probably best to go along with what Francois said in a prior reply. There are a number of single engine aircraft for FS2002 these days that could be called most advanced. Take the RealAir Marchetti SF260 for instance. Excellent VC in it's own right, and "very" improved flight dynamics that are out of the normal everyday "straight, level, and a few turns" flight envelope. And yet the Dreamfleet Cardinal and ArcherII are advanced for their V/C's and other reasons you stated above. I'm personally having a great time at the moment with the Dreamfleet Cardinal and Lago's Bryce Canyon scenery. The two just seem to go together!!L.Adamson

Guest sbdwag

Hey you are right is was a cheap shot and should not have been directed at Dreamfleet. Its just that I take note when credit due is given to some other that those who deserve it. FSD set practially all the standards by which we judge whether a new addon is up to it or not. Whether its backlighted gauges or moving canopys in the vc if it wasnt for FSD leading the way we would still be getting a lesser quality plane from other developers. The bar was set by the Commander and it paved the way for everything else. We have to thank FSD for that.Dennis

You can also find pictures of the RG Cardinal in FS Nordic's discussion forum (http://www.fsnordic.net) - don't know whether they are the same as referred to above though...:-)