Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

PAI and the new FDE V2!!

Guest groundpounder75

I don't if anyone else has caught this or whatever but I was just installing the new FDE V2 for their AI aircraft and I noticed that this is a major problem with them. All of them use the same weight and balance section and turbine engine sections. So, that means that if you changed over the aircraft.cfg file on the Project AI 747-400, your new 744 has a new max gross weight of 138,500lbs and each engine only has 14,000 lbs of thrust!!!!!!When things like new FDE's are released why can't they be checked before they are sent out. It takes a good amount of time to change over all the files and get the planes back up and running. I think this total crap that there files were released in the condition they are. If I am wrong I apologize ahead of time.

Guest Edam

Why don't you post that in the PAI forums, rather than here? I look forward to the answers that you will get there.

Guest groundpounder75

Yeah, that is a good idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that already. I did email the gentleman that released the files.

>>Of course, I had NO problems with those files. >>See you there. Whether the 747 is set to a real world weight or not matters little. What does matter is that the AI pilot, a very fickle pilot at that, is able to do a visually acceptable takeoff, climb, level out, descent and landing with that airfile. Remember that you are not the one flying that ai 747. It is used merely to sit at a gate, taxi out, takeoff, climb to cruise altitude, disappear and become nothing but an item tracked in a database, reappear at some place, fly by you and disappear again or descend, land and taxi to a gate. In fact, not only are the weights and engine outputs wrong, but if you check the fuel section, there's not enough gas for that 747 to fly across the ocean. None of this matters as long as the moments of inertias, the lift, the drag, the control effectiveness, etc, etc, are such that the ai pilot can fly it.

Guest Edam

>>>>Of course, I had NO problems with those files. >>>>See you there. >>What does matter is that the AI pilot, a very >fickle pilot at that, is able to do a visually acceptable >takeoff, climb, level out, descent and landing with that >airfile.Exactly. Who would really care about anything else? Perhaps I was too subtle in my replies.

Guest groundpounder75

Ok, so I guess I jumped the gun. I spent sometime watching AI traffic and it came to me before coming back to the post that FS doesn't care about that stuff at all. So that is good. I wish that information was posted somewhere before I went and complained about it. Oh well,Cheers

Guest Edam

>Ok, so I guess I jumped the gun. I spent sometime watching >AI traffic and it came to me before coming back to the post >that FS doesn't care about that stuff at all. So that is >good. I wish that information was posted somewhere before I >went and complained about it. Oh well, Heh...we all jump the gun at times. I'm an expert at it.