Sign in to follow this  

LAGO - 'Pay and register'.......frustrating experience

Hi all,I've downloaded Emma Field from Lago and have been trying all day without success to pay and register this product.I am able to 'Choose Product', pass through the 'Checkup' page onto the 'Personal Data' entry screen. After completion of the relevant fields I then attempt to 'Next' to the 'Accept Conditions' page but always with the same result - 'Page cannot be displayed'.Now I know LAGO produce and sell great products (I already own several) but currently they ain't much use if the purchaser can't buy, register and install them :(I've tried e-mailing LAGO but have not yet received a response (weekend, I suppose).Anyone else having similar problems?Mike :-wave

>Anyone else having similar problems? I believe everybody has.This whole day I have been shouting and yelling over the phones between Amsterdam and Milan but without result. Nobody of the group who handles the servers seems to be reachable. Totally unacceptable and I can assure you that on monday morning the big honcho of the IT group will be called in for some serious dicussion. Very serious discussion.The main problem is that I also can not acces the management server of the site so I can't add news about it and I can't help people who are in trouble. Totally frustrating and it really sucks. You won'r see me writing a thing like this about my own company very often, but I worked 18 hour days this week to get GeoRender ready and it is a stunning product. ONly to find out some server crash out and are not fixed in time.The good thing is that you CAN buy it now on this URL;http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.php?products_id=352This is as good as from our own site.Mathijs KokLAGOP.s. and of course I will keep you informed.

Mike,I tried numerous times earlier as well, failing at the same place with a '500 - Internal' That is wholely down to server issues; either overloaded or a script error. It has nothing to do with any individuals system settings. 'Tis a shame coz that GEO 2 looked nice. No doubt it will get fixed at some point.I gave up and bought UK2000 Part 5 instead. Highly recommended.EDIT:I see Mathijas has got things sorted. Mr Visa growls ;)/EDIT:

Mike,>I've tried e-mailing LAGO but have not yet received a >response (weekend, I suppose). You are right, and *this* particular weekend it's more critical, because of the All Saints Day on November 1st, that in an highly catholical country like Italy, it's a national holiday.And of course, when a national holiday happens to be on Friday, you get the whole country on vacation-mode, to enjoy the longer weekend. I had some minor problems with my car clutch, and I was unable to find an open repair shop today, at a reasonable distance. Everybody was on vacation...That explains ( although doesn't justify, of course ), the fact that people involved in server maintenance where unreachable. Yes, the New Economy is nice, as long the server works, but real people ( I say, thanks God! ) are still needed, when things do not work as expected.sorry, I'm totally supporting your frustation, sometimes it's a little embarassing explaining some funnies of Italy :)best regards,

Thanks Mathijs for your full, frank and very helpful (as usual) response. You have my sympathies!Regards,Mike :-wave

Guest jase439

Ditto. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Hi Umberto,Don't feel embarrassed, I understand completely.Further to my last post I should now say:Followed the link, executed the purchase, collected my email confirmation/receipt complete with registration key (no 24 hour wait), installed the product - all within 10mins max!Now THAT'S really what I call superb customer support.Mathijs, I do believe you now know what needs to be done on Monday ;)Mike :-wave

Well Mathias, sometimes, big or small...stuff happens to servers.Would be a good opportunity to review your beeper/cell phone procedures to critical tech staff though!BTW, exactly how big a company is Lago? I always imagined you guys as a small but talented group. How many in number are you?Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest RobA

Hi Mike, Just purchased the Bryce Canyon (thru SimMarket) and got my email within minutes with my serial number. Best, Rob

You want him to install a mirror in his own basement with a link to a Dutch bank?Might even work, except on days which are national holidays both here and in Italy :-rotor

>Mathijs, I do believe you now know what needs to be done on >Monday ;) Yes, kick some (word deleted before Avsim staff does it).Mathijs

>>I've tried e-mailing LAGO but have not yet received a >>response (weekend, I suppose). >>You are right, and *this* particular weekend it's more >critical, because of the All Saints Day on November 1st, >that in an highly catholical country like Italy, it's a >national holiday. >And of course, when a national holiday happens to be on >Friday, you get the whole country on vacation-mode, to enjoy >the longer weekend. Italy or not, I have a 18 hour garantee (7 days a week) with my support staf and if they are unable to keep that I want to know about it. Mathijs