Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Sanford Florida-Correct Airport Postion ?

Guest nitram

No matter how I approach Sanford KSFB by following atc vectors, I always end up about a mile north of the airport. Obviously atc has the wrong airport postion and if I disobey their directions they cancel my flightplan. Has anyone got a solution or fix for this ?Regards Nitram UK

Guest Kurt

There are two water strips at Sanford (FA02 and FL55) just North of Orlando Sanford (KSFB)Kurt M

Hmm,sounds really weird. I don't think I've been flying into KSFB with ATC in the sim, but I live here and as Kurt said, there are two lakes (one North, one South) of the airport.Did you install any add-ons for this area? What does your ADF say when you dial in the Sanford NDB at 408?Sure is a busy airport here with all the tourists arriving with Brittania, Airtours and LTU and their nice A330, sometimes we even get a DC10 from Europe here.Let me know if you were able to find the cure, I'll be testing it tonight myself.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest nitram

Thanks for your reply. I restarted a previous saved approach to ksfb. I did not realise that there were lake 'strips'.ATC vectored me to these instead. Must have been busy at Sanford, but I would appreciate being vectored to a runway suitable for my European Aircharter B747-213B ! The reason that I vist Sanford is that I shall be flying there next year on Holiday (from Gatwick). I have flown into KMCO twice before on previous holidays. At present you are getting two European Jumbos into Sanford on Thursdays/Fridays/Saturdays. Look out for flight Numbers EAF120, EAF123 from Gatwick and EAF133 from Manchester.Regards Nitram

I don't quite understand it: you're in a 747 and you're vectored by ATC to the airport???shouldn't ATC vectore for ILS appraoich or were you on a visual appraoch?

Guest nitram

The strange thing is that although I used an IFR/ILS based Flight plan, ATC changed the approach to a visual one. As I said before, this was a saved flight (I did this flight in three sections), so perhaps something wasn't saved correctly and ATC made a mistake.