Sign in to follow this  

KJFK - EGLL with a stop in Tunisia??? (Graphic attached

I was making (well, trying to) a flight plan from New York to London today and FS2002 gave me this weird route, basically New York -> Tunisia (yes in Africa!), Tunisia -> London. What's that??? What the reason for this weird leg in my trip???Any changes in airports or the other way round (London to New York) gave me the same results...It happens if I go from New York to Paris also.Any ideas?

Well, it hapens in any transatlantic flight... tried London-Miami... FS2002 flight planner gave me a flight with a stop in South America...

Long flihgts in general.... I've been trying different routes the whole night. FS always gives me some weird route.

Guest flightpro08

Hmmmmmm I'm a really great fan of Freewares you know... :)Any "cheaper" solution?

ask for a rea-lie flight plan in the flight plan forum and just set up the flightplan yourself

Guest captbulldog

And why not use FSbuild?

yep, fsbuild is freeware. it's not perfect but it's a whole lot better than the MS flight planner...

The reason is probably that the engine looks first for a destination to a similar latitude. NY and Tunis are at about the same latitude. I begin to realize that simulators do not take into account the earth's curvature, which is also probably one of the reasons why the clouds don't meet the horizon.

Head over to the VATSIM-UK website and look at the NATs routing. Better yet, if you aren't using VATSIM (and they use a single fixed set of NATs), head on over to Glideslope.de website and read all about the real NAT/NAR system. The, invest in FSNavigator (the best money you will ever spend on any add-on, of any kind), or download a copy of NAV3.x and manually enter the NAT waypoints.

Guest PhilipManwaring

NAV 3.1 is also pretty nice. It uses a map display to plan routes and you can even add SIDs and STARs. You can get it from the hanger sites at AVSIM.

Thanks a lot guys, I'll try those programs you recommended.The earth's curvature explanation sounds very very reasonable, specially because since it's a M$ software, I'm sure they never thought of all possibilities, like a Brazilian guy trying to fly from the US to England... lolCheers!

Heu guys I'm using FSbuild 1.40.... great FREE software, a bit tricky to learn to use but very very useful specially the PIC 767 FMS configs... great great great.