Sign in to follow this  

where is there information on lessons on PSS747?

hi i have been to the phoenix website and downloaded some pss 747 lessons tutorials to try,however nowhere have i found any lessons on what to press for takeoff in the autopilot, by searching the pss forum i found that i need to press the LNAV and VNAV before take off then 1500' press CMD, however where can i get such information from ?any information out there on the steps to use to proper use the autopilotalso my 747 climbs like a rocket, i have derated CLB2 but still cimbs very fast to assigned altitudealso how do i control the speed? i have pressed the speed button set at 250ia but the plane still goes very fast overspeedingthx

Checkpoint,I think you missed something. Go to the PSS site, User Support, Product manuals, 747-400 and you will see 4 Tutorials, 1, 2, 2a and 3. Three of them by John Helsby and one by Jon Skiffington. Download them and print them. Follow the step by step directions. The Helsby docs are brief and to the point, while Jon S's doc is a great introduction to what is going on as you follow the step by step ... do all four and you will be able to fly anything that comes your way ... large commercial jets anyway.ALL WILL BE REVEALED!!!!!These tutorials save my sanity (to some that is debatable) when I first bought the PSS 747 ... Give them a try, then if you have questions ask on the PSS Forum, since John Helsby is part of PSS now, he will even answer your questions.Good luck!!

ok thx for the info yes john's ones are very brief, i will try jon's one as well

As other's have already stated, the downloadable tutes can provide most of your answers and give much guidance.Climbing like a rocket is caused by either:a. Too light a fuel load, orb. Engagement of VNAV after flying too far below the VNAV projected climb schedule for too long - it wants to catch up.Make sure you have AT/Arm selected to engage speed hold correctly.Tried to connect to your IP the other day for a joint tute, but you weren't online at the time. I've still got some of my own PSS747 issues to iron out, but it seems I can offer you some help with what I do know. Maybe some other time.Gary

thx Gary i will take up your offer on that,just email me when ur freethx