Sign in to follow this  
Guest bfindlay

Geofa's Debonair ... glitches?

Geof (or anyone else who is interested)The San Diego scenery from Safari Fliteware was originally a retail package I bought back when FS5.1 was still available. It was updated to work with FS2K (FS2.2k)although it works better with FS98 and before. I don't know if it's available anywhere on the Net anymore.The author is Rob Loney from Safari Fliteware. If he is still around his last email address was:safari_fliteware@hotmail.comIf he is still around maybe he has some way to get it to you. If not maybe he wouldn't mind if I shoot you a copy. It's worth having because it's real photo scenery of San Diego about 6 years ago and you can actually pick out your house in La Mesa You may contact me directly if you wish at:leon@britishbus.comsskoup

Geof,I did a quick Google search and found a site in Canada which claims to have the San Diego Scenery 'in stock'.http://www.cdromshop.com/cdshop/desc/p.650756100013.htmlI would go to their home page and call the '800' number to make sure that they really have it. However, if it is the old retail package you will need the FS2k update to get it to work with FS2k and 2.2k. But if Rob Loney is not responding on his last known email address again please contact me directly and I can send you the update for FS2k.sskoup

You shouldn't need the 2nd patch anymore unless you end up with a missing hsi when you are done-I can email you that if it is the case. Just make sure you follow the instructions included in the vc update and install that last.Let me know..http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest bfindlay

Geof - ok I uninstalled the bird.Installed the setup.exe file. (With Reality XP radios - I don't know if this is where it is screwing up or not - I have never heard of reality XP other than in association with this model)Installed the XP autopilot upgrade.Installed the VC update.Installed the HSI file (deb.cab)No luck - the stub wing is still there, and on my test flight the autopilot is now totally unusable. If I arm it (test, then back to the middle toggle) it automatically 'grabs' the plane, and won't let go until I shut it off. With no annunciator lights lit (ie no 'alt' or 'hdg' lights - it engages the wing levelor, and won't release the bird.AHHHHGGGHHH!

I don't know what to think-it doesn't do any of those things for me.As for the wing-why don't you try James at mark_eden_nz@yahoo.co.nzIt sounds to me like something isn't being deleted properly in the install.As for the autopilot-it still sounds like version one.Right click on it-select properties and see if it comes up version 1.1 made 6th of June 2002. If it doesn't shoot me an email and I'll send it to you.Update....I finally got fs to run just now. The side view is ok for sure.However, on the autopilot I did notice that I have to flip the red button off in addition to the on/off button to disengage the wing leveler (should only have to switch the on/off button in real life).I hadn't noticed this before the vc upgrade so I don't know if that was effected-however hitting both switches off will do the trick for now.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif