Sign in to follow this  

1600 X 1200 @ 32 Bit

Can someone please tell me how to make 1600 X 1200 in 32 bit mode available? Do I have to change the cfg file?ThanksP.S. Thank LADAMSON for indicating it is possible.

Guest flightpro08

I get such resolution on my desktop, so hopefullt not a problem. I have a Samsung 957 DF and Radeon 9700. Are there config file adjustments?Thanks

For this resolution to show in FS Display Options, the desktop needs to be on such resolution, then it will show in the listing. If you don't want to change your desktop resolution, you can edit fs2002.cfg directly.Hope this helps. All the best.

Thanks Naji. I've got desktop running at 1600x1200 @ 32 bit high color, but for some reason, only get the 16 bit option in FS 2002. Will try reducing monitior refresh rates from 75 to 70.

The only way I can get 1600x1200x32 is if I switch my windows desktop to that resolution first then open fs2002 and then it will be there as an option so I dont know why you cant get that too. Hope you had luck with the refresh rates.Craig Kiltie

Guest sgreenwood

Editing the cfg file works, but the value of this approach is limited. You might try renaming the cfg file and restarting the sim. This will force it to create a new cfg file, and may fix the problem. Then restore your renamed cfg file.I had to reinstall FS2002 to restore my 32 bit option. There is a setting somewhere in FS2002 that tells the sim what the hardware is capable of, probably in the Registry, but I could not find it. Good luck,Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

Thanks all.No luck still. My desktop is running at 16x12 32, so it should be ok. Someone mentioned on another board that if Im capable of running 1280x1024 in 32 bit then my monitor or card are probably noy capable of 1600x1200 32. Does that sound right? Samsung 957DF and Radeon 9700.I'm thinking of reinstalling, but I have alot of add ons, so its a last resort. What does 32 bit do exactly? Is it worth it? Will I be able to tell the difference?

Don't reinstall. It is likely a FS2K2 bug and is not related to your video card capacity or mon

If you just installed a new video card, rename the fs2002 cfg file to fs2002_old or something like that. Then restart the sim. It'll create a new cfg file automatically. Go into the Options/Display and set everything where you want them. Set 1600x1200x16; then exit the sim. Now open the fs2002 cfg file and change the line from 1600x1200x16 to 1600x1200x32 and save and then restart the sim. YOu're now running at 1600x1200x32 bit. If you later open the options/display to check or change something it'll revert back to 640x480 and you'll have to edit the config file again. You can edit anything else, like ATC and it won't revert back; but just opening the display options will require an edit in the main fs2002 cfg file again. Hope this helps.

Guest Lindy

Just what is the big attraction to running at such a high resolution in FS? (1600 x 1200 x 32)I see posts all the time from folks running in as high a resolution as they can. I bumped up my res the next step up from 1027 x 768 x32 (I forget what it was exactly) and didn't notice any benefit at all -- Of course maybe I needed to bump it up a little more aggressively to see any difference. ;-) -Lindy :-wave

>Just what is the big attraction to running at such a high >resolution in FS? (1600 x 1200 x 32) >My 22" monitor!! :) Makes all the difference!L.Adamson

Guest TerryT

Everyone is talking about running the "Same" resolution on their desktops as in FS2002. Hey, I run my desktop at 800 x 600 and FS2002 at 1280 x 960 x 32 with no problems in either mode. My nearly 5 year old AOC 9Glr monitor just cannot handle the "Ultra" high settings the GeForce 4600 can crank out so I use the above settings with the AA maxed in the 4xS (Direct 3D only) mode. I lock the FPS at 25 and everything seems to run well. My refresh rate is set to 85 MHz for the desktop but will only run at 75 while in FS2002 which most likely is a function of monitor/video card settings and Win XP driver issues.The bottom line is you too can run FS2002 at what ever setting makes it look good and still be able to "Read" you

Thanks all.Thanks mgbottled. I'll try your advice in a couple of hours (am at work--this is a sick addiction isn't it !?)

Guest sgreenwood

>Don't reinstall. It is likely a FS2K2 bug and is not related >to your video card capacity or mon More specifically Pierre, it seems to be a problem with the display information FS2002 is using. Some of this is stored when the sim is installed, some of it is read when the sim is started. This combination of information limits the options available in the menu. If forcing the sim to create a new cfg file does not solve the problem, reinstallation of FS2002 did for me. I know of no other solution.This topic usually arises because someone notices that their 2-D panel has developed a purple pattern. Switching to 32-bit color seems to solve this problem for many. The colors will be better in 32-bit mode, but that alone may not be enough to justify the effort of reinstalling the sim.It should be possible to force 32-bit color by editing the fs2002.cfg file, setting the mode line as follows (as previously suggested). Then restart the sim and see how it looks.&l;DISPLAY&r;...Mode=1600x1200x32...If there are no problems with the panels, it may require before/after screenshots to judge the effect on the colors. With this information, one can decide whether it is worth going further.Steve