Sign in to follow this  

Kai Tak

Hi everyone,Just wondering if there are any freeware Kai Tak scenery? I would love to do some IGS approaches again. I can't find one for 2002, except a few for FS2K by Thomas Kwong.Thanksalvin

That's the only free one at the moment! It works in FS2002 too.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Guest groundpounder75

If you really want the goods for Kai Tak then you should by The Ultimate Hong Kong Simulation. It is great if you love the Hong Kong area.

Guest Thomas K

Thanks Mark,Well, I'll no doubt be releasing a Kai Tak scenery for FS2002 one of these days. It won't be anytime soon though, because of real world commitments. But rest assured that Kai Tak (and some other sceneries and aircraft) is what I'll be working on as soon as I get some time off.Regards,TK

Excellent news Thomas - Oh how I miss Kai Tak both simulated and real world - the other place just isn't the same.

Hello all,Is there a way to activate the navaids for Kai Tak?Thank you in advance.Regards,danzian

Hello, do you use version 2 or version 3? I use version 2 and the markers aren't there (and for some reason my checkerboard hill is transparent... even though I installed the textures specified in the readme file), but if I use version 3 the frame rates are so bad that I can't fly the plane properly.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Hi KittyI'd have to reinstall V2 to check that, so hopefully Thomas will see your post and respond, as there's nothing in his readme about the navaids. It's a while since I've used V2 in FS2000, and I've forgotten myself; indeed, I'm not sure that MS themselves didn't leave the navaids in in FS2000.You're right, V3 is a weighty scenery, particularly if you have dynamic add-ons or AI traffic. I have a lot of statics there too. The only way to get a really smooth landing is to turn that lot off and avoid using a "texture-heavy" aircraft!Hopefully Thomas' FS2002 scenery will be more frame-rate friendly. What are the frame rates like on the commercial scenery, anyone? I don't like the look of it myself, but that's just my opinion; if it's easier than Thomas' scenery on frame rates, it has good reason to be popular!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

For version 2, the IGS is there though. And so is the KL DME. Version 3 kills my frame rates without any aircraft :-(Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

i can't get v2 to work :(...it is a bump with gras on the rwy, anyone have a solution ?BestStian

Yes... I flattened that bump myselfAdd under your scenery's heading in scenery.cfg:Flatten.0=0,N22 20.00,E114 10.50,N22 20.00,E114 12.50,N22 18.00,E114 12.50,N22 18.00,E114 10.50Did you get a transparent checkerboard hill like I did? I have no idea how to fix that...Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)