Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

re windows XP

Hi Fellow SimmersI have a problem that I hope some experts can help me with. I am not getting a pop up window that prompt's me where to save my download file. it just starts automatically and saves it in a file without asking me! Also if I change websites the download stops! Anyone have any idea's why this has happened? Is there an option that I might have accidently unchecked? Any help will be greatly appreciated.ThanksWayne

Guest Gregg580

Wayne, I was just able to duplicate the no prompt download. I don't know if it will help the other glitch. Open up windows explorer, not internet....Go up to tools ..click, open"folder options", click on the file types tab, scroll down to find the .zip extention. Highlite this,... now click on the advance button. Make sure the "confirm open after download" box is checked. Hit ok , ok.... This should do it for you. Looks like all files extentions are defulted to this...unless they were changed some how. You could probbly be safe to set all to this. Good luck.........

Hey Gregg!Thanks very much! I might have unchecked this while using Tweak XP! You learn something new everyday!!!!!! Once again thank you!!!Reagards Wayne CYHZ

Guest gasebah

Well, it was defaulted here also. However after I installed SP1 I ran into the same problem. Found the answer at the MS knowledge base.Alex

Guest Gregg580

Cool...glad you got it going. I keep coming here for the learning experience myself.