Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Just Released...CYQT Thunder Bay...try it ...you'll lov

Pual due to the size of having all 4 four seasons day and night(over700MB) this for now is a summer only scenery just set the datetime to summer (June 21st to September 21st). Dan

Up and running. I must say, this is one of the most beautiful packages I have seen. The detail on the ground is incredible. Even the inside of the hangers are incredible (loved the pic of the plane inside the hanger). Excellent job. Thanks guys for your hard work.This will for sure be a hangout and a frequently visited area.RegardsBobG

I downloaded and successfully installed this scenery and I will say it is really nice. It will certainly stay on my harddrive. I admit we are fortunate this ones offered free. This team is also active in the scenery design forum many times helping others. Thanks for your hard work and for sharing. :-)However I wonder what ever happened to the simple addon airport. One that can enhance a flightsimmers experience without taking up huge amounts of disk space and require nearly a year to complete. The detail at this airport is truly remarkable and if I were giving out the awards I'd give this one first prize, but are airports like these really necessary ? I realise these efforts are ground breaking and come from a real love of scenery design, but I can't help but think this trend where airport addons have excessive details, animations, ground vehicles, statics, and sounds, is one of the reasons why I'm still waiting for a decent CYYZ Pearson Intl. :-(SteveCYYZ

Guest flightpro08

Just curious as to why the team chose to include only the summer texures when summer just ended and fall/winter just started. Wouldn't it be better to include just the fall/winter textures, as most simmers,, including myself, like to fly with the currect time/date.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

I guess I'll wait until next summer to visit this wonderland. I must say I DO NOT appreciate the attempt to install Xupiter Spyware on my system when I visit the website. To those of you who are not familiar with this, I highly encourage you to JUST SAY NO to the pop-up that attempts to do this. Otherwise you will find yourself spending a LOT OF TIME downoading Lavasoft and cleaning up your system.:( Good LuckVonat

Is haveing say every switch,knob and a complete flight model important to you?. Why then should a scenery be any less detailedif done keeping things like frame rates in mind. Sorry but modeling reality takes time!! BTW we are doing CYYZ and AREA as well!! again to the same detail as CYQT. But thank you very much for the comments.Also one reason for the files being so large is this is a totally custom scenery with a custom .dem,custom,ground textures and completly custom model textures, effects and autogen. Dan

Hi DanYes, having every switch, knob and a complete flight model is important. :-)I spend a great deal of time working the panel like the PSS A320 of which I almost fly exclusivly, but I don't take the entire tour of an airport everytime I land there. After the first couple walk-arounds I've priddy much seen all the sites. :-)Like I said, I think it's a trend that isn't quit necessary, IMHO.Masterful job on the scenery though, can hardly wait to fly the PSS Dash to TB.SteveCYYZSo I guess we can expect Pearson some time 2004. :-) just kidding :-)

WOW spectacular scenery!! I do love the airport. and If I had more room on my hard drive (and a little more horsepower in the processor and Vid card) I would keep it installed.... I however will keep the zip handy for next summer. I was wondering if it would be possible to release a "Lite" version with just the airports and a few of the objects in the surrounding area for those of us with lower spec computers? I do love the airport but I get the blurries pretty bad elsewhere. I would keep it installed but I really need the drive space. I guess I need to get a bigger secondary hard drive since I'm down to 2 gig each on my two HD'sSpectacular work however and I'm not critizizing it at all... I just need a little more power to run it better :-)Brian

tcreagh2CYQT Update...we forgot to include the "effects" files so that you will be able to see smoke from the mill, lakers and thermal generating plant as well as the water going over the falls at Kakabeka Falls when a post is made tomorrow on AVSIM...watch fot it!

Not a problem If you like detail hold on for our PC12 also this is a scenery for VFR flying it's not really ment for flyiing your A230 @fl 450 @ mach 78. Again thank you very much for the comments!! Dan

Guest jase439

SimFlyers is currently working on Toronto.

I am very glad you enjoy it!! (and nics pics as well). Dan