Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Just Released...CYQT Thunder Bay...try it ...you'll lov

>Visited your new site this afternoon.....very classy. :D >Refering to all the fine Pop-up ads & Gator install prompts? :-mad

Thanks for the heads up!. Do you know if it's "just the airport"?as we do the area as well not just the main airport and it would benice to know what area they will be covering.Dan

Guest RobA

Ted, You mean there's more? :-) This scenery is simply amazing! Took the new Dash 7 in for a couple of approaches and buzzed the surrounding area a bit too. ;-) No problems with the install but I didn't know there was supposed to be smoke too. :-)Best, Rob

Yup somehow the file just got left out!!. Dan

>I was >wondering if it would be possible to release a "Lite" >version with just the airports and a few of the objects in >the surrounding area for those of us with lower spec >computers? I wish exactly the same. Could we just have those 2 airports which I am positive are just supreme. I for example have my objections to the Terrascene textures - I think they look unnaturally dark and it is even visible around airport grounds. Also terrascene textures really look blurry comparing to 'stock' FS textures. If it was up to me I would have come up with landclass modification to this part of Ontario and 100 MB download would be more like 2 MB ... Michael J.

Guest Lindy

Refering to all the fine Pop-up ads........Sorry to hear about that, Bob. I didn't get any popup ads. I have that "feature" disabled in my browser.However I was asked to install some IRC chat channel that I thought was a part of the site, but maybe not?? I found that to be odd. Overall though, I found the site to be very well done.-Lindy :-wave

Guest Lindy

I thought it would be best to try downloading this whopper of a file at night while sleeping. AFter a whole night of downloading, it just finished with a note that the files are "mismatched in size"!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrr I can't "resume" and can only start again.I think I'll have to skip this one, fellas. I can't tie up my phone line for a whole day downloading a 100+ mg file. Maybe some day when my ship comes in and I can get high speed Net access, I'll try again.-Lindy :-wave

<Clearly not, as the default runs without them.<>It takes more than one upload to create a 'trend'. This addon does not have excessive details, because it has the number of details the authors wanted to include. Thus, they are the perfect number of details. My guess is the real reason you are still waiting for a different addon is because you haven't created it yet.Bob BernsteinEdmonds, Wa.

It took 11 months to create. I doubt the team could have predicted when it would be released.The summer textures are the default result from resample.exe. It is the minimum you must have in textures to display ground replacement textures per scenery sdk.

my pleasure Jim, I got a tad frosty at some of these comments, they pushed some of my buttons.nice work, btw. I got a big kick out of the models, and I found the colors quite nice. It looks like you guys found the point that fps begin to break down, the performance on my box was near the 20fps lock point but there were some stutters, and now and again it dropped to 15-17. (kind of like with my Tacoma Narrows, while about 90megs less scenery, it was done with scasm....live and learn)Best,Bob Bernstein

tcreagh2We're working on a plan to have CD's mailed to those with download problems ...cost will be whatever the blank CD is worth and postage.Ted

Guest artl

>Excellent stuff, and I will be waiting eagerly....Just some numbers for YQT on a:AMD 2200+1 GB memoryASUS V8420 video7200 RPM Western Digital....(and by the way, installation went as per instructions and no hiccups. Total unzipped size in the "addon scenery" folder turns out to be 270 mb for Thunder Bay and 135 mb more, for Isle-Royale)All scenery sliders full right (including Vis at 150), all realism full on, all hardware rendering options except no AA, and "aircraft textures" at high (not extreme). No weather.I lock at 26FPS and the rural and urban areas, (including the grain terminals, for example), do not drop below that. When YQT airport is in sight (full-window mode), however, I drop to about 12-14 "smooth" fps, if 12 can be called smooth. Just about enough to warrant slider adjustment, but still quite satisfactory even as is.I also find that the "straight ahead" view, from 3000 ft in the C182, seems to take its time updating to "high-res", and the side-window views are often much better.Having driven that area, by the way, I am somewhat surprised at the "open", almost "prairie-like" look to it from 3000ft, (crossing into your area from the west). All that clear-cutting causing that look???This kind of VFR scenery is precisely my interest and it will not be leaving my disk any time soon... :-) I can somewhat share Steve's view about "lite'r" detail in large complexes, if does not detract from the "feel" of the place, but we have all seen "lite" versions of some cities that are just "not real". Nobody will be able to say that about this.In the meantime, with this new cpu, I have re-discovered "that other" sim that you used to work on (it seems like years ago), and could it be possible that a painless conversion is possible and/or imminent? Art.

tcreagh2Hello Ryan...up here in Thunder Bay we get about 9 months of winter so its refreshing to use summer textures in FS2002...I'm going to check out your CRJ-200.CheersTed Creagh