Sign in to follow this  

RealScene by Eddie Denney

Guest juan_v

HII just searched the forum for any comments on RealScene by Eddie Denney, but no luck, owners of this mesh scenery, some comments, please :-zhelpThanks

I have that mesh, it was the only complete USA set when I got it. It pretty much fills up 3 CD's and covers the entire USA plus a very few bonus areas. FSGenesis and other USA sets have 5 or 6 CD's worth for similar coverage and so are more detailed with higher resolutions but lower framerates.With a 2 Gig processor or higher, I would favor the newer FSGenesis set instead. All add-on mesh scenery causes weird effects at a few airports where the runways are flat on top of the contoured mesh. But most airports will not be affected. == WHK ==

Guest RobK

The one area where you will see the biggest improvement is The Grand Canyon. This is one of the areas where the higher detailed mesh was used. Huuuuge improvment over the default Grand Canyon. The other areas the improvment is subtle, but still looks pretty good around the mountainous areas. The only complaint I have is that several airports are risen up a few feet. Not all airports have this problem though. Some airports such as KSEA, KBFI and PANC are risen up quite a bit while with others it's barely noticable. I also have LAGO's GeoRender 1 and Emma Field. Around Flying M Ranch I have problems with some buildings floating in the air and other buildings being half buried in a mountain side. With Ranger Creek and Emma Field I do not notice any problems at all when being used along with the RealScene mesh scenery though.Rob

Have you tried looking under his name in the FS2000 Scenery category?The FS2002 version was never free, but the FS2000 version (for the US only) was.Wouldn't know if it's still there, having purchased his world CD set, but I would imagine it wasn't deleted.

Guest juan_v

HIThanks for the feedback.:-newbie to mesh scenery. Question, mesh scenery created for FS2000can be used in FS2002??????Thanks