Sign in to follow this  
Guest wkzzo

Dash 7 question

Guest wkzzo

Milton ,love the plane,definetly one of my favorites. A couple questions about the panel. I noticed on the panel the ground speed gauge is gone and the dme 2 gauge is different. When the spotlights are turned on the original groundspeed bmp can still be seen. It seems the dme 2 gauge now displays the groundspeed regaurdless of having a vor tuned in ,and you cannot switch between min and speed. I noticed that in the panel.cfg that those gauges are there but they are// slashed out .Just would like to know if this is all correct. Thanks for the wonderfull plane.

Guest Milton

Hi Wallace,Good observations. I'll ask Scott to respond. :-)Milton

wk,Yep, the nav 2 was causing a lot of grief, and I got tired of messin with it! It worked great on my system, but with so many downloads, that means a lot of system crashes!! Since the new dme2 is only the readout, I moved the ground speed readout down there also, to clean up the panel a little. And the ground speed is not dependant on VOR, and is not switchable. I would have probably eliminated it all together, except there was several calls for something to gauge taxi speed with!!The spotlight thing was an overesite. I missed updating it when we updated the panel!

Guest wkzzo

Thanks for the answers guys, I had no problems with crashes with either versions. Also I forgot to mention ,you also replaced the arm speedbrake gauge with a Hdg,barometric gauge. Just arm the speedbrake the usual way then with the slash? Or is there a switch somewhere I missed on the overhead. Thankyou.

wk,the switch is now on the glare shield, just under the spoiler indicator lights. (more like the real deal!! LOL!)Will be uploading the new changes info jpg next day or so.Scott