Sign in to follow this  

Need 2-3 Beta Tester for a 747-400 Panel

Guest eko

I have a 747-400 panel which I have created, with the default 747 bitmap as a starting point. It is a complete overhaul of the panel, with new main instrument gauges for better frame rates. Radar TCAS gauge, full pedestal, a full working overhead... in essence, about as complete as you can get without going the payware route to get the PSS. :-)It is practically finished, but due to it's many components, I really want it to be run through it's paces before release.I need 2-3 EXPERIENCED big iron 747 drivers to beta test the panel. I need to know if the installation procedure was clear, if my manual and documentation is sufficient, if the panel works as advertised, if there are any bugs or showstoppers (obviously), and any other comments/suggestions that big iron flyers would have.You should be the type who flies the 747 almost everytime you start up the sim. :-) You have posky 747's installed, you drool waiting for the next Meljet 747 repaint, in essence, a 747 junky.I need the panel tested with the default 747, the POSKY 747's, and the Meljet 747's. You will have to test it with one or all of those aircraft, and fly with it exclusively for a while, testing every single switch. Test the startup procedure, the shutdown procedure, etc.I ask that only SERIOUS inquiries respond. If you just want to get something new to have a look at it... please don't volunteer. Just wait until the final version is released. It won't cost you a thing when it comes out. :-)I should have the documentation and beta package ready in a day or two, so there is no long wait involved.Please send me an e-mail to jspxNOSPAM@softhome.net. Remove "NOSPAM" from the email address for it to work.Many thanks!!

Guest eko

Needs a little BUMP. My apologies in advance.

It looks like you're looking for me :-)Meljet, PSS747.. ask me anything!bozhan@flythy.comsee you soon :-)Bozhan

Guest saudi_777

What we really need for a panel is to have proper engine starters and fuel control switches(for engine shutdown). To my surprise I find that many FS2002 airliner panels out on the net (freeware), actually lack these very important switches which are responsible for turning the engines on/off. Of course since you're asking others to beta-test your panel and you say that it has lots of features, I'm very much sure that you added these switches! :) But I'm just asking you that if you didn't, please add them. And make a couple of flights with your new panel (once with the default 747, next time the Meljet 747 and so on....) to make sure that you have all the important features & switches available in your panel. I have the PSS 747 panel but I currently can't fly it since I'm very much tied to school work which gives me little time to learn how to control the very complex PSS panel. And that's why I would really love to see if your freeware panel is good enough for flying the Queens! :D I also have a suggestion: I asked Bill Grabowski if I could add an optional Panel.cfg to any panels that I release, that contains the gauge line for Bill's ERJ TCAS gauge(the TCAS gauge from his latest ERJ panel update). In other words the panel's Readme would state that the user of the panel will have to download the latest update file of Bill's ERJ panel, install the ERJ.gau file in his FS2002/Gauges folder in order to use the ERJ panel's TCAS in my panel with the optional Panel.cfg (To make this all short, I asked him if adding an optional Panel.cfg to my panel that contained a window and gauge line for the ERJ's TCAS gauge would be OK & legal). And he said yes! :D As long as there would be proper credits for the TCAS gauge, it would be legal to add an optional Panel.cfg to my panel containing the window and gauge line for the ERJ's TCAS gauge. So how about if you do this? Because IMHO the ERJ panel's TCAS gauge is very realistic!! :7One more thing: I would really be willing to beta-test your new panel. If you would agree, then I'll send you an e-mail. :)Looking forward to your new 744 panel,

Guest eko

Thanks for offering folks, but after my little bump, I've gotten all the slots I need filled.Saudi, I agree with you that on the bigger planes, proper startup, shutdown abilities are lacking in many panels.I've but the BETA manual online for you to look at, so you can see that this will be a fairly complete representation which should let you do what you want to do.I must state that this is still the BETA manual, and not necessarily reflective of what the final product may ultimately turn out like. However, it gives you a pretty good idea of what is coming.BETA Manual Linkhttp://www.lovett.org/jsp/pub/fs/b747doc/index.html

Guest saudi_777

Now THAT's what I call a GOOD freeware 747-400 panel!! :7 I opened the link to the BETA manual, Jorge, and it really looks lovely and full of functionality. Just imagine this panel with the Meljet V3 or POSKY V3 747-400, plus a good sound set.... Freeware at its best!! :DSo I have 2 questions for you:1- Will you be able to add a "VFR" view for landing, just like the view available in the PSS 747-400 panel and the PSS 777-200 V2 panel? In addition to being very helpful on short finals for good pitch judgement before touchdown, it would also look nice in Screenshots. A VFR view for your panel will really make it stand out! :)2- Will you be creating a 777-200 panel after this? Seeing the amount of functionality in your 747-400 panel, I'm pretty sure that you'll really make a lovely 777 freeware panel if you plan to make one. What do you think?Cheers,

Guest eko

Thanks for the kind words. There will be no VFR view in this release, BUT, it is something that I think I might implement in the future. I would have to re-do many aspects of the panel, so I'll put it in the "future projects" bag. :-)I have a 777 default upgrade I released when FS2002 came out. It might not be a bad project to revisit that panel and incorporate many of the features from this 747 release. Again, it's going in the "future projects" bag.You must understand, that I am primarily a GA flyer. However, I do like to fly a 747 for when I want to cross the pond, etc. This panel came about because I figured if i'm going to fly a big jet, might as well do it in style. :-)I've frozen development on the panel and I am getting the package ready. Going to wait for any last minute beta tester comments to see if any glaring bugs are discovered.I've updated the online panel manual with the new screenshots showing the changes, etc. Take a look at the FS2002 GPS and the TCAS, looks a lot nicer now. :-)

WOW... :-eek Nice work. I don't own PSS747, but was considering buying it. But after seeing you excellent work, I think I'll wait for yours to come out. Any Idea when you'll release it? One other question, anyone know where you can download good 747-400 2d internal views? Or if the views are part of another panel, could you point me to that panel for the 2d views.... Thanks

Hi, I would like to have a look at the panel you are making, but I can't open the link you've posted.... I think it is great that you are making a 747 panel, I love flying the 744. When do you think you'll be releasing it?And where can I DL it?Thanks to all you freeware guru's for making our hobby fun and interesting!Jasper.

It's just been released. In the Lib now... Cheers