Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Alright....Huh!!!..Nope

Guest Calb

Frankly, my response would have been:TROLL ALERT(second attempt)Calhover long and prosper

Guest CharlesH

HiWhich Dash 8 are you refering too PSS. If it is PSS then it has not been released as of yet. If it is Oleksiy Dash 8, then he updated it to version 1.003. PSS may take a while and they will not give the release date until it is finished.Charles

Well, I don't know about you, but any news about Oleksiy's Dash 8 is exciting news for me! This is one heck of a Dash 8! Definitely THE best Dash 8 to hit the freeware market (and perhaps payware also? We'll have to wait and see!) Took a bit of getting used to at first, but flying this baby comes second nature to this virtual pilot now! Very fine aircraft indeed! Thanks so much for your hard work & determination Oleksiy! You've made me one happy camper...I mean...simmer! ;-) Looking forward to version 1.003!!Take care,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Guest PhilipManwaring

Roger THAT!Philip

DEAR GOD... JUST STOP!It's not as though PSS is doing you a favor by creating a Dash-8, and then screwing you over by not releasing it October 28...How is this a problem...Will you DIE of you don't spend shell out 25 pounds for this particular item?

>>Will you DIE of you don't spend shell out 25 pounds for this particular item?<<<http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

>>I was one of those people who asked late last year for the >Dash 8 and was thrilled when they made the announcement last >March shortly after the BUS release. >>I am not after FREEWARE aircraft I like having a full plate >in the cockpit and PSS dishes up a pretty good >serving(FMC)for my BUCK. Just out of interest -- have you actually tried Oleksiy Frolovs' Dash8-300? If you are one of the crowd who believes that payware is always more advanced than freeware , you may be surprised!BTW -- he hasn't released the new Version 1.3 just yet -- so it might be worth your while to wait for it -- but in the meanime, I think that anybody will find his version 1.2 quite interesting.Barry

I'll second Barry's suggestion. Oleksiy's Dash 8 will give you a pretty full plate in the cockpit, and because it is very detailed and accurate, it will prepare you well for the PSS Dash-8.

Guest Ted_Pan

I second those statements on Frolov's Dash8.... its panel, sounds and characteristics are the best I have ever seen... I fly in Dash 8's quite regularly.... and this is got to be the best....I too look forward to the PSS product... and wish they'd at least make some sort of comment... (I am afraid to ask lest I be chastised like first grader taking liberties at the cookie jar!!!!)since they've said they'll be taking no questions about their upcoming release... for now, its Oleksiy (Alexei?) all the way...Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, Alaskahttp://home.gci.net/~ursa-major/alaskaair.com%20banner3.jpg

I have been reading all those documents included in the plane and I still have no idea how to fly it :-hmmm I wish that he had designed his panel for smaller screen resolutions, because at my 1024 x 768 there are very few readable words... So I can't read most of the gauges, panels, and looking at the documents isn't really telling me how to set the autopilot for example. There are all these paragraphs describing the autopilot - but where do you put in the numbers? :-hmmm :-hmmm There seems to be quite an amount of assumed knowledge.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

>I have been reading all those documents included in the >plane and I still have no idea how to fly it :-hmmm I wish >that he had designed his panel for smaller screen >resolutions, because at my 1024 x 768 there are very few >readable words... So I can't read most of the gauges, >panels, and looking at the documents isn't really telling me >how to set the autopilot for example. There are all these >paragraphs describing the autopilot - but where do you put >in the numbers? :-hmmm :-hmmm There seems to be quite an >amount of assumed knowledge. >>Kitty Mercury >Cathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252) Kitty MercuryI am about as dumn as anybody can get when it comes to flying complex aircraft :) -- but here is what I did. Firstly , while you are learning where all the switches, etc are and what they do, increase your panel resolution to 1280x960 -- in fact you should probably also fly in this res because the digits in the radios are unclear if you don't.Then follow the introductory flight tutorial - word-for-word !!! Do not proceed past even one sentence if you have not done what it says or do not understand it -- use the pause button! Eventually it will all fall into place for you. Believe me - if I can do it, then ANYONE can!!!!! :) Barry