Sign in to follow this  

Best Computer Utility Software to help Fs2002 run...

Guest sfgiants

First off, I'm a Giants fan so here is some knowledge for Sunday night-1. Dusty Baker is not coming back (I wish he stays)2. Jeff Kent is not coming back (good luck getting someone to bat behind you like Barry did)Okay, now I have a GeForce Ti 4600, Pentium IV 2.0 and 768 RAM. What software utilities out there can help speed my machine up and clean it so FS2002 can run even faster?Thanks.TJ

Nothing! There is no software utility that will make fs2002 run better. There are some tweaks you do to help make it work better. You didnt mention OS, thats one thing people for get to mention, is their OS. If you are using XP or Win2k Pro visit www.blkviper.com This guy has a boat load of stuff about all the services that run on XP and win2k that can be disabled without causing any problems. This helps free up some more memory. If you are looking for memory management tools forget about it. With the amount of memory you are running it must be XP or Win2K. They have far better memory management than some $30 app can doSecondly visit www.fsgateway and visit the fsvc tips section. You never mentioned what specific problems you are having. Look at what there is to offer in the tips section.Third, the Giants suck, Barry Bonds, ahhhhhh its not worth wasting words.

Guest jaapverduijn

I had quite impressive results with PCBooster. It's payware, and to me it was worth every cent. Don't have the url ready, but a Google search will lead you there in no time. Jaap Verduijn.

Jaap:I have a PIII 450 with 256 MB RAM [Win98]. I have read several reviews on the PC Booster [including one by PC Magazine where they commented that their Graphics bench scores were lower after using the PC Booster].I am interested in trying the PC Booster and am wondering if you could provide additional details on the type of system you have, and what improvements you experienced after using the product.Rick

Guest jaapverduijn

Hi Rick!My rig has got a Celeron 1Ghz, 512 MB SDRAM, and back then a GeForce2 MX200 32MB. By simply running the "auto" option of PCBooster I gained an increase in fps of about 25 percent, if I remember correctly. With the relatively low slider settings on account of low end processor and card, I was able to shove my frame rate lock from 18 to 22, although I later decided to fix it at 20. That's good enough for me, and it freed some CPU power for other things. In the meantime I upgraded my videocard twice: to a GeForce 3 TI200 and then (coupla weeks ago) to a GeForce 4 TI4400. The framerates and picture quality I get now are quite astonishing for a humble Celeron 1Ghz, and I think that's, at least partly, thanks to PCBooster.Jaap Verduijn.

Jaap:Thanks for the quick reply. I will look into ordering the PC Booster this afternoon after work and give it a try. My system is pretty "lean" right now. By that I mean that I allow very few applications to load at start-up, and have limited the number of programs installed on the hard drive. FS 2K2 itself is a full install, and I have followed other suggestions on this board to help my meager computer along. My RAM is maxed at 256MB [system limits].I do have a Leadtek GF3 Ti500 and have been very impressed with its performance. I have had good success with the NVMax for tweaking, and Guru3d has been a consistent source for update drivers [nothing in the 30.00 series forward has worked as well as the earlier drivers]. My Win98 is fully patched as well. Bottom line is that something like the PC Booster is probably the last place that I can go to improve the performace of my computer. In the end I am sure that I'll be forced to upgrade the PC, but have been waiting until the processor speed reached a point where users started praising FS2K2 plus add-ons, rather than lamenting the continued stutters and hang-ups.Rick