Sign in to follow this  

Win XP & FS2002

I have recently installed XP only to find that FS2002 suddenly shuts down with no error messages, usually very soon after starting it.I have re-installed FS2002 several times but to no avail.Any help would be appreciated

Guest sapper42

is it only FS2K2 or the whole PC that shuts down ??? there are some times that XP will shut down that ive come across, ensure you have the latest servicepack inst~~~ed and you keep your XP updates current from MS, this may help.i use FS2K2 on XP-Pro and dont have a problem .one otherthing, if its only FS2K2, try to uninst~~~ and if your confident, check ~~~ traces are removed from the system registery then reboot and try reinst~~~ing FS2K2.good luck

Guys,Don't know if this is much use but I've used both XP home and professional and suffered no problems with thes ehut downs. I must say, I have noticed some little things but nothing as drastic as that. Hope you get it fixed!Regards,Adam NardoneFlightCraft

Does FS shut down or only pause? Do you have to restart from scratch or just restore? I had a problem with it minimizing on me without warning every few minutes. After some snooping around, I discovered a piece of spyware with Adaware on my system that was causing the problems.

Guest Ali

My PC restarts sometimes on XP mysteriously.I can't download the service pack it doesn't let me as I get errors so....Ali.

Just a thought... there have been countless threads across multiple forums and discussions about installing XP as an upgrade as opposed to a clean native install. My sense from these posts is that it is far better to install XP on a clean system. My experience with a clean install and FS2K is positive with virtually no problems along the lines you mention... just lucky I guess.G

Thanks to you all for the replies.FS2002 sometimes minimizes without warning and always at some stage fairly early on, closes without warning. It provides no error messages at all.I will try a complete clean install of XP. I have yet to obtain the SP1 of XP as it does not seem to download very well on my computer. Thanks everyoneRob

Hi 'G', I'm sorry but I've made several absolutely clean install ox XP home,on a brandly new HDD, nothing changes, I also experience painfullyunexplained and unexpetced System shut down, as well as FS2k2crashes with nice messages, saying MS FS2002 had encoutred a problem.Shall we all try to reach Fow Mulder and Dana Scully?They're said to work for Big Bill some says...regards.;)