Sign in to follow this  

Gia Mesh Canada

Guest Deeks

Just got it last week (3 day delivery) and it vastly improves CDN. I do alot of vfr in BC (sim & real) and it's so close to the real thing. Some airports I've been at suffer from the disappearing tarmac problem but this is easily solved with a flatten command ... and this is common to ANY mesh scenery. There is a demo which is the area from Port Hardy to Belle Belle on the West Coast. Try it with and without the mesh ...you'll be astounded. I highly recommend this CD ...well worth the price!DeeksCYYJPS If you order it do it from the FSFreeware.com site as it ~$28.99 CDN where-as from Simmarket.com you'll pay ~$40.00CDN!Here's a pic of Castelgar with the mesh.

I to have the mesh and it does improve the scenery. I live in Alberta. I do have a question for you re the flatten switch. The tarmac in the Edmonton International is grass. I tried a flatten switch but it does not work. Can you help me out???

Deeks, thanks for your reply and the Pic of Castlegar. I was down in Victoria at the BC Aviation museum just this weekend with some guys from my VA (I live in Parksville). I'll check out the demo.

Hi Deeks,I was interested in this mesh but their promo screen shots never showed me anything to get excited about. I was wondering if you could take a pic from CYXC looking east towards the big mountains. Would like to see what difference there may be.Thanks for your help,http://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg

Guest Stardog

I dont have the FSFreeware Mesh but FSGenesis is working on a Canada Mesh CD and if its anything like their Alaska/Yukon Mesh cd that I bought from them it is by far the highest quality I have seen.Them and Lago seem to do the best Mesh in my book but Lago is stuck in Europe right now.Just some info hope it helps.You can NEVER go wrong with FSGenesisTodd Garner

Guest BrianC

Heh. Our friends across the pond would say FSGenesis is stuck in the USA. ;)

Let's make a clear distinction over here - between - Gaia Canada - and the Fsgenesis Youkon or Alaska and Usa.Yukon or Alaska and Usa have good resolution data available - Yukon come at 90 - of res available right now on the webAlaska and Usa come at 10 or 30 m data - - while for Canada basically we have the old dt0 or gtopo to work with. So comparing those mesh which start from totally different point is not really the right thing to do.Srtm - the 90 m continental and usa srtm 30 m - will be release in the future - and that is when you will see a the new fsgenesis Canada mesh - competing with new fsfreeware srtm mesh for the world - from both publisher. I do not believe there will be any others Canada coverage mesh scenery before Srtm - is available.and for Tod's book - FSfreeware mesh designed for the Usa - has nothing to envy to any others - and we have produced some very sucessfull 10 m mesh areas - which are very much loved by the many supporters who are fly those scenery.sincerelyRay

Guest Stardog

Actually I was referring to the Canada Mesh CD that FSGenesis is currently working on as it is not available yet and dont know what resolution it will be.I have heard alot of great things about the FSFreeware mesh products but have never used them myself.As for the Europeans saying that FSGenesis is stuck in the US i am sure your right :)I would love to see some Alaska or Canada mesh from Lago if it is near the quality of their Switzerland or Italy mesh that I have.That is some great stuff they do over there. I have quite a few Lago Online add ons and been totally happy with all of them, especially Emma Field and GeoRender1.Todd

Guest Deeks

Here ya go Dan. This is looking east from above the runway.DeeksPS Thanks Ray ...nice job!

That peak over there is called Fisher Peak. It is much higher in real life, but it certainly is better then it shows up in default MSFS. I was wondering what it would look like. The valley below it, that is well defined, is where the Wildhorse gold rush started.http://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg

Guest rlefebvr

Don't know about Europe, but Justin is waiting for the Data to be available to do the Canadian mesh. I have all of FSGenesis product and quality is beyond reproach. Also, if Justin can't get the data, you can be pretty sure no one else can either.The problem is no one knows when data will be available, so if you are in a rush or are tired of waiting then Gaia may be the only other option. Just don't expect it to be very accurate. It will be better then MS however I am sure.RonCVA1701

Srtm Data release to the public - is sheduled by end of 2003 - perhaps usa srtm will be ready earlier - as they are already available but they includes Voids and Artifacts - which make the data useless for mesh design -Ray

Guest Deeks

Dan FS shows it as approx. 8950Ft where as the last flight chart (WAC E-15) shows it as 9336Ft. So the difference is small. I took the screen shot at .5 mag. so there is some visual distortion in it.Deeks