Sign in to follow this  

Drinking and Simming?

Guest abent

In light of some captains of major US air carriers being recently relieved of duty for pre-flight swillage, I think one should have a few (Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale - up here in Canada) to make it "As Real As It Gets". I've had a number of flights under the influence.*:-* Never killed anyone yet but it can certainly be hard on the landing gear!:-beerchug Adam

I've also been known to sim with a bad head cold, while under the influence of Nyquil, and with a two-year old underfoot. As for being a member of the "virtual mile-high club", fat chance the wife would ever get that close to my computer! :-lolDavidI almost hate to think where this thread is headed now!!

LOL, I do most of my flying Friday and Saturday nights! We fly online and can always tell when each other has surpased the "6th" beer on landings ;-)))

I usually limit it to one brew if I'm flyin' - this is the result of an experience where I had one too many I struggled to stay awake through the final descent, with the cross winds gusting up to 25kts, there was no way I could line up I kept on drifting over the terminal bldgs, so finally I just quit. Eventhough this is not a real plane I have a stake in not crashing, I only fly point to point meaning my flights always originate from the last place I landed, and if I crash (and it's my fault) I have to refly the entire flight. With a wife and 1.5 kids I just don't have time to redo flights.

I usually limit it to one brew if I'm flyin' - this is the result of an experience where I had one too many I struggled to stay awake through the final descent, with the cross winds gusting up to 25kts, there was no way I could line up I kept on drifting over the terminal bldgs, so finally I just quitAll it takes is a little practice man! Go get yourself a 12-pack, the more you drink the easier it is to stay awake ;-)one beer just puts me to sleep, 12 beers makes it SOOOOOO REEAAALLLLLLL ;-)

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been a single post yet claiming to be a "dry" simmer. With the degree to which many people take this hobby, I would have expected to read something different. It's refreshing to see that people are keeping perspective and enjoying there time compared how serious many people are about FS. Anyone tried Ciclon yet (and I don't mean the energy drink)?

You don't need your wife - just a virtual flight attendant, virtual copiliot (the one from the new 727 VC?), or virtual girlfriend from some foreign destination... :-wink2

Guest JamesJ

Do bears poopie in the woods?..JamesJ

OH MAN!! THIS IS SO FUNNY TO READ: ROFL!!I JUST THOUGHT, YOU ALL COULD GO TO WORK FOR AMERICA WEST!!!HAHAHAAHHAA, OH MAN Im probably going to get into trouble for thisciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Adam...Did you have to mention Alexander Keiths India? I've missed it since I left Canada after my last visit in September. Unfortunately I have to stick to European beer here in Sweden ;-):-beerchug

It's just a game. Drinking and simming is no different that watching TV and simming or surfing the web on your other computer and simming.It's trivial.

Hey Lando,I'll try to get some practice this weekend!!:-lol

But I suppose it could add a new dimension to crosswind landings...:)

"it's just a game""it's trivial"Sorry to disagree guys but for me it's a simulation and I take it fairly seriously. Admittedly I will crank up fs on coming home from dining out and having a couple but I would never drink and sim from the outset. Who would play chess, for instance, under the influence and claim " it's only a game" ?pp

Hmmm...good points Palmpilot. I guess I should have said simulation, not game. I only feel it is trivial in the fact that you aren't going to kill people with your drinking and simming. It all depends how you look at it. I also take it seriously enough that it wouldn't be much fun if I was impaired.It's not just a game...its a simulation! Agreed!