Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

new TT Tools Version Ai plans Info!!??

Guest HeavyFan

Hi there! I just wnated a litlle more info on understanding the new version of TT Tools which has the new arrival time format for Ai planes? Like if i make a plan with the "@" in the plans, does this mean i can make anytime for the plane to arrive at the gate by using the @ in the flight plans? Is this corerct, or does it still go by the Ai planes speed in TT Tools? Since i see guy's now making new Ai plans in this new format i want to understand it better? So can someone verify what exactly does putting the "@" in the Ai plans do, as i know in the readme it says that the times after the "@" is the time it arrives at the gate, not like before where the arrival time was only for the plane to be in the Airport area, not the landing or Gate time!? So i would really apprecite if anyone can give me a clearer understanding so when i make some Ai plans i don't mess it up! Thank's MIKE-:)

If the @ is not used, the ttools compiler calculates an arrival time of aircraft within the airport area based on the cruise speed used in the flight plan, it doesnt take into concideration the landing and taxiing time. If the @ is used as in the example in the readme file 24Hr,IFR,06:26:00,@11:30:00,300,F,6070,KLAX, the arrival time to the gate will plus or minus 5 of that established arrival time. It doesnt use the cruise speed specified in the flight plan of the aircraft to calculate the arrival time to the gate. But will calculate what the required cruise speed to get to the gate at the specified time.Hope this makes things a little clearer

Guest HeavyFan

Hey thank's Dave! No i have an Idea as to what the "@" does in the Ai plans!! So I can put in anytime i want after the "@" for arrival times and it will show up there, not based on speed of the Ai plane! So I can make realistic arrival times, no matter how far the plane has to fly from a destination, plus the daylight savings time hours will not matter, so say i since i live in Oahu, i want my HNL-LAX flight to arrive in 5 HRS, and the mainland is ahead of us by 2HRS, can i add the extra 2HRs for the arrival into LAx with no problem? If so, great, Thank's for the HElp from you or anyone else that knows! Thank's MIKE-:)

I believe it takes into account for the time zones, so if you leave Oahu at 0600 and the flight to LAX is 5 hrs, you set an arrival time for 1315L LAX time, the AI aircraft should arrive at the gate anywhere between 1310 to 1320. The compiler sees the @ as a fixed arrival time, so it will not try to compile an arrival time for that line, any other line that does not have the @ it will calculate the arrival time automatically.

Guest HeavyFan

OK Dave Thnak's! That is what i needed to know, was if i could add the 2HR diffrence between here and Cali area, since there is a 2HR difference! Thnak's so much for the Help! MIKE-:)