Sign in to follow this  

MelJet Engine Start

Hi Meljet fans:When I load the Meljet 747-400 the engines shut down and I'm having a difficult time getting them started. I'm not one of those guys who cares to much for real-world start-ups, so if there is a way to get around this happening at all, could someone let me know?Thanks in Advance, Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

It is not happening to me :-hmmm Did you check your fuel amount? Sorry if this suggestion sounds stupid... because usually Ctrl+E does everythingKitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Kitty:I saw the Ramones live a few years back and they launched into a song without Dee Dee's bass guitar sound. He stood there mesmerized, looking down at the guitar as if it were talking to him by name, trying to figure out just what horrible thing had gone wrong. The roadie ran out, turned up his volume knob, and all was well again. So I know what you mean, sometimes the obvious escapes us. I'll look into your suggestion.Humbly Yours,Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Kitty:You were right........sort-ofNot only was the fuel low, but the fuel tanks were missing completely from my Meljet airfile.cfg! I added them back in based on the default 747-400 fuel parameters and all is well. I've been looking forward to taking this thing around the block a few times before we cross the pond.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

Was it some repaint that you downloaded? The original MelJet has a functional configuration file with proper tanks; maybe they modified it.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)