Sign in to follow this  

Need Concrete Boot gang (XP Help Needed Please)

Hi I am in a tough spot with with XP installation and want to know if any one has a workaround for thisThe situation is that XP upgrade installs perfectly when I start it from the XP bootable cd. It never complains nigles, balks, fits, or even hints at any problem whatsoever and unfolds its massive self perfectly onto my lowly AMD 450mhz machine and amazingly it works very responsibly and smooth on my machine. and responds very nicely to half a dozen or so services turned off The Current Problem is I went back to WinME some time back to get a better Flightsim experience at least 15 more FPS than XP on my setupNow I want to consider upgrading WinMe with my XP upgrade CD however XP turns its stubborn conservetive little nose up at upgradeing over its little brother and pouts comptability problems and blocking issuesbetween My GF2 MX400 and Asus P5A socket 7 and I simply cant go past this point without resolving these issuesWhy doesnt it mention these issues in the slightest on a clean install from bootable cd setup ???Has Please anyone found a workaround for this as its very frustratingnot being able use my XP cd as the upgrade cd it supposed to beI would understand a little if it refused also to install on a clean setup from bootable cd but it just treats everything as fine and goes aheadAny help appreciatedsorry its not 100 per cent FS stuff but this is my only forum where I regulary hang outKind Regards Greghttp://nzcoaster.kiwiclub.com:-zhelp

Hi GregHave you tried to contact M$ with your problem??? If you bought the upgrade CD recently you are entitled to their support. And it is actually pretty good. At least the Swedish support I've got in these circumstances :-)Regards

Guest UweR

Hi, your significantly lower frames with XP may indeed indicate that there

Thanks GuysYip advise I have followedAnd no go on upgradeBut still fine on clean installThanksGreg